27

Four days came and went. Then five. Then six. And a week after Stefan arrived at our territory, we still hadn't been attacked or threatened. Touch wood. The pack was all on their toes, jumping at the slightest sound, ready to attack. Everyone was serious, even the children seemed to have lost their sense of fun as they were locked inside.

"Maybe they aren't coming after us?" I suggested with a frown, trying to think away around this. "Maybe the got what they wanted in Stefan's pack so they don't feel the need to come here." I didn't have any tears left to cry out as memories flushed back, Ty running his hand up my back in calming circles as Brad paced up and down, sometimes slamming his fist onto the table out of frustration.

At first he had snapped when Ty tried to help me, but now he was over the close friendship we had formed (he knew he was the only one I would ever want). Stefan had changed since the attack, he was serious and stoic, always watching over his few remaining packmates. Sophia and Carter had been handed over to our pack to take care of, knowing we had the means to take care of two small children rather than to let them suffer with his pack.

"I know why they haven't attacked us yet," Brad stated, looking down at his phone. We all stared at him in question, wanting to know what he did. "Another pack was just attacked." He held up his phone, a new text message on the screen by an unknown name.

"Who's Alina?" I asked harshly, biting on my tongue to keep from saying anymore.

"She's the Alpha's daughter of Redstone pack," Brad typed away on the phone, fingers blurring at the speed he typed at. Barely holding back a growl, I looked away from him. Jealousy makes you nasty, I told myself internally, holding back from snatching the phone out of his grasp.

"I'm going to fetch them," he locked his phone and shoved it into his back pocket. "Only seven survivors made it out. Ty," Ty straightened, looking at his Alpha, "Take the other car and follow behind me." Ty nodded and walked from the room, grabbing keys belonging to one of the black Jeep's off the wall.

"I'm coming with."

"No you're not," Brad shook his head at me, taking a step forward so we were inches apart, my neck craning upwards so I could see his face, "The hunters could still be on the lookout."

"I don't care," I crossed my arms stubbornly, no ways was this Alina chick getting in the car with my mate! Brad huffed and I took that as a yes, following him from the office.

"I'll stay back and watch the pack," Stefan offered, Brad nodding but not slowing down the pace as he gracefully flung himself into a Jeep, starting the engine. I cowled at my short legs, clambering up into the car with much less grace than Brad.

We drove in silence, going in the opposite direction to Stefan's territory. A slight rain began to come down, hitting the windshield lightly as Brad picked up the pace. I heard a bleep from his phone, glaring at it on the dashboard.

"Are you going to tell me why you want my phone to burst into flames?" Brad asked softly, keeping his eyes on the road.

"It's nothing," I continued to glare out the window, trilling my fingers on the door. Brad sighed.

"Obviously there is down thing wrong, just tell me."

"No," I mumbled, flashing at my jealousy. "It's fine." The phone let out another cry, drawing my attention as I all but picked it up and threw it into the back seat.

I was shocked as Brad began to chuckle deeply, the first time I had heard him laugh in over a week! "What's so funny?" I grumbled, crossing my legs on the seat as I looked at his chiseled jawline.