30

It's nearly Christmas!

"What happened in there?" Brad asked, walking smoothly by my side as I itched to hit something. There was something about these aggressive wolves that had me worked me up, I had to protect my pack first and they were getting in the way of it. "Hey," Brad tried again, grabbing my shoulders and spinning me to face him. "What happened?"

"She won't tell me anything," I hissed through my teeth, "All that was absolutely useless. We are no further to knowing know than we were a few hours ago. Why won't these rogues co-operate? We can help them? Save them even! We have to-" I froze an idea came to mind. "We have to kill her."

"What?" Brad asked in confusion, taken aback by my change of heart. "Why? We might still be able to get something out of her."

"No," I shook my head adamantly, staring him straight in the eye. "We have to kill her, make an example of her."

"That would be a waste of resources, we can get something from her, I'm sure of it."

"No, we can't. The only thing we can get out of her is frightening the hunters pack. We kill her exactly the same way they killed our wolves and leave her body on the edge of our territory for them to find. Make them see that we are a force to be reckoned with." I didn't think twice about killing Ty's mate, I had to put the pack first. Ty might hate me but he would get over it, hate is an emotion easily overcome by other emotions and replaced with time.

"She's right, you know." Stefan said, walking up to my side and placing a hand on Brad's lower arm where he held my shoulders. "It's the only thing we can do. If she's not going to speak, then the quickest and least painful thing to do would be to kill her." His tone grew persuasive as Brad looked to be thinking it through. "It would be the right thing to do to that trespasser anyway, do you think she likes being stuck in that room? Killing her would be like freeing her."

I gulped at the way Stefan had twisted it, a sinking feeling in my gut as Brad began to nod. It was my idea, but I began to have second thoughts as my brother began to walk towards Kaira's room.

"Stefan, we should think about this first." Brad said, grabbing onto Stefan's arm, "Not rush into things, I haven't made a decision yet. Do you really want a to kill her?"

"Ty will get over Kaira's death," I mumbled softly, cowardly avoiding his gaze.

"So her name is Kaira, a girl who probably didn't know better? Who has a name and a family and a mate out there somewhere? You want her dead?"

I gulped but slowly nodded, determinedly straightening my shoulders, "I must be a strong Luma for this pack, I must set an example." Before anyone could stop me, I tugged open Kaira's door and watched her tumble to the floor at my feet. It was obvious she had been listening through the door as she scrambled back on hands and feet, eyes darting around nervously. Her composure was much different now, she seemed scared that her end was near.

"Get her," I said to the guard swiftly, avoiding emotion as he caught her arms behind her back and began to drag her from the room, her yells echoing after us as they followed.

"You can't kill me, I'm his mate! Please, don't do this!" Kaira begged, pulling at her captor in effort to get free.

"Shut up you spineless coward!" Stefan hissed, clenching a fist at his side as he turned to face her, making the guard draw to a stop. "I will make you pay for what your kind did to my pack! You will suffer for this!"

Brad grasped Stefan's wrists pulling him away from Kaira before he could do anything rash. "This is not your revenge plan!" Brad growled, reprimanding Stefan for the second time today, shoving him away from the scared girl. She no longer resembled the stone cold trespasser we had tried to question and now showed her young age, tears threatening to spill.