26

Be grateful of all these chapters! I'm trying to finish this book soon! Only a few more to go...

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, sitting up upright in the bed and placing my hand on his arm. He had thrown down the phone, spaced off and tense, every inch of his body on alert as if he were about to be attacked.

"Nothing," he eventually mumbled, running a hand through his hair as he shoved off my hand and stood up from the bed, the sheets falling down.

"I know it's not nothing," I stood up, preparing to follow him as he headed towards the door.

"Riley," he growled, pushing me away lightly towards the bed. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Just tell me what's going on!" Unease built in my stomach, gnawing at the lining as Brad gave me a nervous glance. "We run this pack together, remember? Anything you know, I should know too."

As he pulled open the door, he grabbed my hand with a sigh, running down the passage towards another room and knocking roughly. I glanced around the dark passage, light breathing sounds floating under any orifices of the doors and ruining the silence. The door was eventually flung open, a disheveled Ty standing on the other side. He frowned, eyes narrowing as he glanced left and right.

"What's wrong?" His eyes glanced over my attire, making me wish I had actually stayed behind in the room. I tugged at the hem of Brad's shirt, willing it to cover more as Brad growled and drew back Ty's attention. Although I did notice Brad tugging me slightly behind his figure.

"David's pack was attacked."

"What?" I hissed out, grabbing onto his arm and digging my nails into his arm. "When?" He ignored me, not even noticing my grip on him. We weren't on good terms with that pack but that doesn't mean I wanted them hurt. Brad and Ty shared a look, probably mindlinking one another to keep me out of the loop. "What happened?" I whisper-yelled, not wanting to disturb the rest of the pack.

Ty nodded once to Brad before stepping from his room and mysteriously walking down the passage, opening doors to rooms and whispering hushed words. "What's going on?" I repeated frustratedly, I wanted answers and I was determined to get them. Raising my voice, I stomped my foot on the ground, "Bradley-" His hand clamped over my mouth, shutting off the rest of my words as he pulled me downstairs with him, almost knocking off one of the wall paintings in the dark.

When we reached the living room, he pulled his hand back, "Did you lick me?!" He wiped his hands on his pants, frowning as he saw the smug look I had on my face.

"Yes," I nodded, crossing my arms and taking a seat on the couch, Brad sitting next to me with his head in his hands. "Now spill."

"Hunters," Brad kept his voice low even thought the house was probably still asleep. "They attacked David's pack a few hours ago. The person on the phone that I was speaking to was Stefan, apparently there were a lot of casualties. He wouldn't say much over the phone," Brad continued, taking both of my hands in his. "But apparently they're on their way here, they asked if they can stay here for a bit until they're stronger."

"And you're letting them? Despite what happened?"

"Of course they won't be that easily forgiven, I'll have them under constant watch but I won't let our own kind to fend for their own."

"Thank you," I murmured, crawling into his lap and resting my head against his chest. It really was as if we were made for each other, I was he perfect height and size to curl up against him, as was he the perfect size to hold me and murmur words into my hair. I yawned tiredly, in a few hours David and Stefan would be safe on our territory, free from harm. I'm going too do anything I can to get rid of these so called 'hunters'.