mystery girl

[ariana's pov]

"get the fuck out of here pete!" i growled. he had to show up to the meeting with my team. he just had to.

his stupid smirk formed on his face as he sat down two seats away from me. "ariana baby. this involves me too right?" i felt my jaw clench.

"fuck you. this has nothing to do with you." pete chuckled. god he's such a dick. what did i ever see in him? his laugh was nothing compared to y/n's.

"oh yeah that's right. it involves that bitch that you cheated on me with."

i felt my blood boil through out my body. "don't call y/n a bitch you asshole! i might have cheated on you but i don't regret it. you were a shitty boyfriend and y/n treated me the way you never did."

he rolled his eyes and leaned back in the black meeting chair. "whatever. i got what i needed from you anyways." he shrugged. i was about to insult the shit out of him again but scooter and the rest of my team walked in before i could say anything.

the look on scooters face when he saw pete sitting there was a look of confusion. i shot him a look of annoyance and he shot me an apolegetic one back.

once everyone sat down a thick wave of awkwardness filled the air. the first one to talk was unfortunately pete. he pulled out his phone an read aloud:

"ariana grande and mystery girl are trending on twitter. isn't that what you were aiming for?" he turned to me, his eyebrows raised.

"you know that's not what we meant by publicity pete."scotter sighed fustratedly, resting his forefinger and thumb on the bridge of his nose.

"aye publicity good or bad is still publicity am i right?" he laughed pulling out a cigarette. the smoky scent reminded me of the last night i spent with y/n. it was wierd that she only smoked when she was tired but i love weird. normal is no fun at all.

"ariana!" scooters voice calling my name interrupted my thoughts. i blinked a few times and tilted my head to the side. "what did you say? im sorry." i sighed defeated.

"pathetic." pete snarled. i gave him a quick death glare and put my focus back on scooter and the rest of the team. "i asked you if you still want to release the album after all this."

"scooter you know why this album has to drop by tomorrow." i told him, seriousness enlaced in my tone of voice. he narrowed his eyes at me like if he was trying to spot a lie from me. when he couldn't find one he nodded.

"thank u, next is gonna drop tomorrow." i felt a grin purse onto my lips. the first time ever since this whole fiasco started. "thanks sco-"

"wait. you didn't let me finish. we are going to release the album tomorrow but you have to stay with pete a little while longer." his voice hesitated. i could just feel his disgusting ego filled look staring at me.

"ariana i know you want to break things off but we just can't" a person on scooter's team mentioned. i shook my head in disbelief and excused myself from the meeting. more like ran out, ignoring all of the people calling out my name.

i need to get out of here. i thought. i raced towards the black suv where my driver was waiting for me. i motioned him to head home and he nodded.

i shakily sighed and slumped into my seat. the tears silently flowed down my cheeks. the whole ride home i fumed at the fact that people choose who i dated and who i was with.

all i wanted was to be with y/n and run away. where nobody would tell me what the fuck to do. but that was all in my head and its never gonna happen.

"ms. grande we're here." i nodded my head. "thanks." giving him a small smile i got out of the car and went inside my home. being gretted by a horde of pups filled me up with a hint of joy. but it quickly faded.

"fuck." i swore, feeling my eyes starting to water. the dogs all started whining. they knew i was feeling like shit. a headache started to creep up my head as i dragged my feet all way to my room.

i opened the door and spotted my open laptop on the nightstand next to my bed. when i spotted her name on the screen my heart started to race.

quickly, i wiped the stray tears from my eyes and pulled up a chair next to the laptop.

i didn't hesistate to press the accept.

hey.

she made my knees weak. beautiful.

h-hi.

her eyes stared back at mine in silence. it was like she was suspicious of something.

well fuck ari you we're just crying.

you really need to lay off the weed grande. she muttered. i couldn't help but roll my eyes.

oh fuck off will you. a giggle escaped my lips. y/n sighed, trying to avoid a smile.

alright alright. time for the serious shit. we need to talk. i know we are in a weird and complicated state but i think im ready to talk to you in person. her voice wavered a bit.

are you sure? i don't want you to talk to me because you feel sorry for me. i said avoiding eye contact.

don't push it grande. meet me at the address im gonna text you.

y/n wait. bring a small bag with clothes in it tomorrow.

y/n raised an eyebrow (which was highly adorable). she scanned my face to search for answers but she eventually let out a breath.

ok but if you kidnap me im not afraid to call the cops. even though you got my picture trending on twitter which enhaced my following quite a bit. so thank you for that. she scoffed playfully.

still a sarcastic asshole i see. well mystery girl you're welcome.

well i'll see you tomorrow...  ari.

i was shocked she called me ari that i couldn't even speak. i just waved back and felt a blush creep up my cheeks. the screen went black as i took in a deep breath.

"damn she literally takes my fucking breath away." i mumbled, plopping onto my bed.

this day had to be one of the most bipolar days of my life. but tomorrow was a mystery.

& i was going to see my mystery girl again.

a/n: im on a roll updating this story after centuries damn im sorry.

ty for all the comments ive been recieving from y'all and giving me support <3

i hope you like this chapter (: -emily