hotel room facetime calls

the ride back to the hotel room was agonizing. my ass chickened out the last minute. but that was the right thing to do right? she has a fucking boyfriend.. right?

"i can see you got yourself a little tan." ariana chuckled as we arrived back to my hotel room. i glance at myself in the rear view mirror.

"i needed it." i laughed dryly, turning to face her. what do i do now? do i invite her in or what?

she gave me a toothless grin and unlocked the passenger side door. "i'll leave you to rest. is tomorrow at nine okay?" she asked me. i didn't speak. i just nodded my head and got out of her car.

right as she was pulling out of the hotel parking lot i motioned her to roll her window down.

"hey! don't worry about tomorrow. text me your address and i'll pick you up." i laughed nervously. she gave me a sweet smile and
rested her sunglasses on the top of her head.

"sure thing." she smiled sweetly. i waved awkwardly and turned to walk towards the hotel when her voice filled my ears again.

"wait! uh if you're down, can we face time later? since it's kinda lonely at my house right now, i-i would like some company."

my eyes widen. this was the only time i've seen her nervous. she was the most confident person i ever met. why did her attitude change all of the sudden?

"sure of course. t-talk to you you later." i said fumbling with my hotel card key. her soft giggle filled my ears again. was she not mad a me? or at least a little bit annoyed. i didn't kiss her for fucks sake.

☔︎

i frowned at the notable mess and clutter of clothes sprawled out from my luggage as i entered my hotel room.

"disgusting." i muttered to myself.

i took a step into the cold marble bathroom and sighed as the cool water hit my slightly sun burned skin. my mind drifted off to her large brown eyes. looking up at me and pleading for something.

not just a kiss, but something more. like an escape. but i don't want to be just her "escape."

but i couldn't be anything else. she was in a relationship. and the only relationship ariana and i had was a friendship. nothing else. "nothing else y/n." i sighed to myself as i continued to shower until the whole bathroom  was foggy.

i got dressed and wrapped a towel over my head and cleaned up the mess of the room i was in, lingering around and waiting for ariana's call.

after i managed to clean the room to look as decent as possible i felt my phone ring. i glanced down to see ariana's name pop up. i quickly picked up the phone and connected it to my laptop.

"hey." ariana breathed out. i gave her a soft smile as i unraveled my hair from the towel on my head. "what's up." i answered casually.

i glanced at my laptop screen as i began to untangle my hair.

her hair was damp and i noticed that her eyes were bloodshot and red. my eyes widen. "ari.. you okay?" i asked, shuffling to face the camera directly.

"uh yea. yea im okay." her soft voice squeaked out. i've never seen her so nervous so my ass got worried. "c'mon. i might have only known you for a month and a half but i do know that when you're eyes are blood shot you're either high or been crying." i inspected her carefully.

"you're not high are you?" i asked, raising an eyebrow. a grin formed onto her face and a giggle escaped her lips.

"you're really something y/l/n." she stared at me amusingly. i shrugged, fumbling the hairbrush in my hands.

"at least im not nothing." i chuckled. "but hey, you kind of avoided my question." i gave her an amused look. she scoffed playfully and rolled her eyes.

"im not high. soo what do you want to do tomorrow?" she asked me. i noticed she changed the subject and so i didn't push the topic any further.

i though for a moment. "how about disney world? i've never been there before." i suggested.

"oh my god you never been to disney world? holy shit we need to go." she cheered happily. i couldn't help but smile as i saw her smile. ugh god this is so cliche.

"of course lov-." a yawn interrupted my thoughts. ariana laughed through the call as i felt the apples of my cheeks heat up. "sorry." i apologized.

"well... two things. one. that was the cutest thing i've ever seen. andd two. you were about to call me love. that's interesting." she smirked at me, only to cause me to blush deeper.

"im gonna let you sleep now. i'll text you my address." ariana said, picking up her phone.

"cool cool." i said quietly, trying to keep it cool.

"oh an y/n! ty for always managing to cheer me up. see tomorrow baby love!" her dimple filled grin was the last thing i saw before the screen went black.

shock was what i felt. shock and a hint of the feeling i didn't want to feel. especially when we only met a month and half ago and she has a boyfriend.

what are you doing to me grande?

a/n: i just had to make y/n and ariana have a cute time at disney.

that will be coming in the next chapter. once again! ty for reading my mediocre writing (: -emily