redemption

the smooth rhythm of drake flowed through damp bathroom. "redemptions on your mind when you think about me." i sang along quietly as i ran the hair brush through my damp hair. here i was fresh out of the shower that i claimed would get my mind of shit and this drake song is dragging my mind back to ariana.

i can't even listen to music without thinking of her. ariana grande ruined my life! i thought to myself in bitter agony. "alexa pause." i muttered, a bit surprised that the artificial intelligence device had heard me. running my hand through my damp hair i scanned the room for my phone.

i scurried over towards my phone and grab it off the table. i glance down to order myself a pizza but nearly drop my phone when i see the snapchat notification on the small screen. those five words burning into my brain.

did you like the song?

this had to be a sick joke. this torture couldn't be real. or was i being too dramatic? fuck no i was allowed to feel this way because in a matter of 24 hours my whole world crumbled into shambles. only a residue of dust was left.

i opened the app anxiously and typed an answer.

yoursnapchat: no

ari: why not? it was about us.

well. she just confirmed that it was about quote on quote "us". i also noticed that her name on here was still ari. i decided to revert it back to her original username.

yoursnapchat: what are you talking about? i don't want anything to do with you. plus half of the things you sang about we didn't even do so how is it about us.

moonlightbae: i said i wasn't gonna give up when it comes to you and i. and are you fucking with me or you actually don't remember

yoursnapchat: no i don't? holy shit did you drug me?!

moonlightbae: god no! you think im fucking crazy? i don't understand how you don't remember anything.

yoursnapchat: i didn't say i didn't remember anything (unfortunately)

moonlightbae: . . . call me.

yoursnapchat: um what part of i want nothing to do with you do you not understand.

moonlightbae: please. the least i can do is tell you want happened that night.

yoursnapchat: no the least you can do is leave me the fuck alone. (:

moonlightbae: still have that assholish attitude of yours huh

yoursnapchat: yes im aware. the only thing about me that hasn't changed in this past week.

moonlightbae: im sorry y/n

yoursnapchat: yeah too late for that. look im tired of this. i just want my pizza and go on with my life ariana.

moonlightbae: so you didn't feel anything when we were together? because i felt everything nice on this earth when i was with you.

i didn't know what to say. of course i felt on cloud nine when i was with her. but i wasn't technically with her because she has a boyfriend. i was her escape. and she was mine. that's all we were for each other. right?

yoursnapchat: if you want to talk call me tomorrow. im not gonna give you a chance for redemption but i need to know what happened that night.

i exited the app after i sent that last message. i deserved to know what happened that night after all of this shit show unfolded. was i really gonna let her redeem herself? because this was insane but i couldn't help but want her back. i don't know if that was stupid of me. but i didn't want to feel lonely.

redemptions on your mind when you think about me.

a/n: this was a short chapter im sorry ☹️ i promise next chapter is gonna be long. next chapter your gonna find out what really happened that night where everything fell through. comment below what you think actually happened. because you only know one part of the story.

ps. ty for reading my mediocre writing (: -emily