better off.

it was 1 am by the time we got back to ariana's house. ive gotten through three cigarettes already. damn, ive never been this sleep deprived before.

we got out of my car and headed to her front door. she fumbled with her keys a bit before she could open the door.

"you mind me smoking in your house?" i asked her, taking in the nice air conditioned home in contrast to the humid florida air.

"no it's totally fine." she smiled sweetly. i dig into my pocket to grab another cigarette and lit it up with the small lighter i always kept with me. i sighed deeply at the smoky scent.

as i opened my eyes again i found the once dark house illuminated by a massive chandelier in the middle of the kitchen. which was pretty massive too.

"wow." i slightly gasped, taking in the kitchen that looked more like a living room. i turned to ari who stood there, giggling at my reaction. i walked towards her as engulfed me in a tight hug. i kissed her forehead, looking down at her beautiful brown eyes.

"you like what you see?" she smirked playfully. my smile faded as i look behind her, a picture of ariana and her so called boyfriend locking lips.  "i did at first." i muttered, letting go of our embrace. i scanned the picture, trying to depict it. it seems like they were at disney world.

"so you take all the people you randomly message tumblr quotes to disney world." i scoffed, picking up the small frame in my hands. the smirk never left her face as she answered me. "maybe, but most of them don't come this far."  she shrugged slyly.

"interesting.. so what's next." i said intrigued by her answer. i put out the cigar as she slowly walked towards me, her arms slithering around my neck. "whatever you want to happen next." she whispered, her eyes shifting from eyes to my lips.

my mind was telling me no. but my body pressured my mind to lean and an smash my lips onto her own. a soft moan escaped her lips as she stumbled back a bit, leading me towards a flight of stairs.

our tongues fighting for dominance, i managing to win. ariana's grip tightened on my hoodie. as air was an issue ariana pulled away from our short lived make out session.

"take it off." ariana breathed out. without hesitation i slipped off the large yellow hoodie off my shoulders, exposing the multiple tattoos grazing my right arm. i gazed down into her eyes, playing with the hem of her oversized t-shirt.

ariana grinned at me, slowly taking off her t-shirt and tossing it across the room, reattaching her lips onto mine. her beautiful moans filled the room with ecstasy. i hovered over her, peppering sloppy kisses down her neck, treating her right all night.

/|

it felt nice having my arms around her bare frame. my fingers traced her back softly, the peacefulness radiating off her. i sighed softly, looking at her beautiful face adoringly. she was angelic. everything about her was imperfectly perfect.

"why couldn't i be the first one to find you." i whispered to myself sadly.

"i can ask myself the same thing." ariana whispered back. i could feel my cheeks heat up, embarrassed as hell. "you're cute." ariana cooed, pecking my lips. i noticed her admiring my tattoos. especially the newest addition, a small sunflower on my wrist.

"you wanna know what they mean?"

her hand reached out to trace the small flower along with the other designs i had all over my arm. "they're beautiful. how many do you have?" she asked shyly.

i chuckled at her sudden shyness. "i have 15. the biggest one are these clouds." i said, pointing towards the large tattoo on my forearm. "i got it when i was 18."

"what does it mean to you?"

i had no hesitation on answering her question. "clouds are in the sky. this might sound cheesy as fuck but the sky's the limit. that's something i really believe in. and so i decided to get that permanently on my skin." i explained.

"that's fucking cheesy. but true." she said, resting her head on her hand. her eyes still lingered on the newly adhered sunflower on my wrist. "the sunflower is my newest and smallest one. surprisingly the one that means the most to me." i began.

"then sunflower is known as the happy flower. i wasn't happy at all before i met you. miserable would be the right term. i got this tattoo when we were talking for a month. a time when i was actually happy. i confessed to her with such sincerity.

"babe that's soo cheesy holy shit." she giggled into her hand. my lips pursed into a pout as she giggled at my sincerity. i felt her intertwine our fingers together. "but that's also the sweetest thing anyone has said to me." she whispered into my skin.

i frowned.

"that boyfriend of yours never seizes to surprise me." i grumbled to myself. ariana gave me a sad smile and snuggled into my side. "let's sleep. it's 4 am." she mumbled, her eyes fluttering closed.

i sighed, kissing her forehead for the last time.

the last time i saw her brown eyes, heard her beautiful giggle, and the last time i enjoyed her company.

who would have thought that a person as cautious as i was would have fallen for such a bullshit plan. a plan that was bullshit enough to fool me. how couldn't i see?

ariana wasn't who i though she was. looks can be deceiving & not everything appears as it seems.

a/n: oOf what a cliffhanger. i hope you like this chapter.

how many of y'all thought that the plot twist was that mac would walk on on them.

tsk tsk tsk. that's too obvious. 🤔

what do you think happens to y/n?