girls with tattoos

"the most depressing thing is that you didn't even get to order pizza." emma sighed skimming through radio stations on my car stereo. "c'mon this is serious dumbass. and stop flipping stations just use the aux cord." i sighed, chewing on my bottom lip nervously.
she was gonna call me today and i was anxious as hell.

"gladly y/n/n." emma said a bit too suspiciously. before i could say anything ariana's voice blasted through my car. my face flushed as a song i never heard from her played before my ears. "you're a cu-"

"a total cutie i know." emma winked. "turn it off." i whined weakly. "y/n she's so into you. listen to the lyrics. they're about you again." she said annoyingly wiggling her eyebrows at me.

breakfast at tiffany's and bottles of bubble. girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble. l-

i swiftly pressed the off button and huffed loudly. "just because i have tattoos doesn't mean she was talking about me. can you just let this shit go?" i muttered, pulling up towards our local goodwill. "dude your fucking picture is all over twitter. things like this don't die down the next day."

i groaned into my hands. "it's that bad?" i asked defeated. "ive seen worse. your whole face doesn't show but those tattoos of yours man. they're like a barcode." emma said, poking the lone tattoo grazing my neck. it was a scorpion.

"typical scorpio. getting the symbol of your sign tattooed on your neck." (a/n: sorry if your not a scorpio. im a scorpio so yeah. let's continue.)

my hand quickly went up to my neck and hid the scorpion on the side of it. why did i have to get this tattoo? i thought to myself. "ok stop sulking around. let's go but some oversized dad shirts." emma said getting out of my car.

i followed right behind her, dragging my feet. i didn't feel ashamed by my tattoos. well before my fucking picture was all over twitter. but the thought of me not having them was unthinkable. but ironically they were fucking me over right now.

the cool air conditioned air filled my face as i opened the door to the goodwill. i sighed happily as there were only a few people in the small store.

slowly, i walked towards the racks of clothes sifting through the clothes that didn't interest me. "do you regret any of your tattoos." emma said out of the blue. i raised an eyebrow at her sudden question.

"are you saying that i regret our friendship?" i gasped playfully, tracing the small letters of her initials on my wrist. she rolled her eyes as she kept shifting through the clothing racks. "i still can't believe you did that. but you know which tattoo i was talking about." she muttered, her voice wavering a bit.

as i was gonna answer her i hear mumbles behind us. i felt my jaw clench as i saw two teenage girls in my peripheral vision. "that has to be her. she has the same tattoos." they weren't that good at whispering nevertheless.

"i don't know who taught you little girls how to whisper but whoever did ain't it chief." i snarled turning towards the two girls with an unamused face. i smirked as their faces turned white. i don't know where the fuck this confidence came from but im starting to like it.

"i-im sorry damn. we got the wrong girl." the taller one said. then they scurried out of the store. "holy shit y/n/n. ariana really influenced the fuck out of ya." emma said her mouth agape. i scoffed.

"fuck off emma."

//

the stares never stopped. everywhere i went people just stared like i was a bear wearing a tutu on a fucking tricycle. emma and i decided to cut out little outing short because her boyfriend wanted to hang out. i didn't mind because the anxiety of people possibly noticing that i was the girl all over twitter.

i sighed deeply as i entered my apartment. tossing my keys on the counter i made my way to the living room. it was like a switch when off because when my ass touched the couch i heard my phone ring.

"the world just wants me to suffer today." i groaned, reading ariana's username pop on the screen. i held in my breath as i answered.

[bold = ariana , italics = you]

hey.

just talk grande. you don't have all day.

actually i do. i haven't left my house since that day.

i chewed on my bottom lip wondering if she was lying or not. whatever. im listening.

im gonna tell you part one of the story. the second part is something im gonna release tomorrow. it's gonna explain a lot of things.

i feel like you using me to promote your music.

stop acting like that. my music is my life. and if your inspiring me to make my music then you're my life.

here we go again with the lame ass tumblr quotes.

god that was so long ago. you remember? i could just hear the smile forming on her face. man that smile. i'd kill to see it again.

how can i not. they were terrible. i laughed. i cannot believe i was laughing. she played me and i was acting like nothing happened. i cleared my throat.

i love your laugh.

i wanted to say that adored hers too. but i stopped myself.

alright enough with the small talk. get on with the bullshit that happened that night before this fucking shit happened.

she sighed, hurt filling her voice.

here we go. this is what actually happened that night.

(a/n: mannn im sorry for leaving y'all with another cliffhanger and for not updating in 100 years again. ive been on writers block tbh. but this new album ariana jus dropped got me inspired again.

that woman is full with bop ass music man. anyways thank you for bearing with my annoying ass and reading my mediocre writing (: -emily