mishaps

i asked myself the same question over and over again. was i really living under a rock for so long? ever since i entered college my life made its way far enough from society. all i ever thought about was college. oh how i regret that now.

she humiliated me. she caused such embarrassment to be shared all over the world. how could i have not known that she was a celebrity. millions of her fans that happen to know what i look like in my most vulnerable state.

//

i woke up in my hotel room confused as hell.
"ariana?" i called into the seemingly empty room. i sat up from the bed and turned on the lights revealing the clothes i wore last night scattered all over the floor.

"what the fuck?" i cursed to myself. we didn't drink anything last night. did we? why can't i remember anything? my eyes scanned the room for my phone to dial ariana's number.
as i got up to grab my phone from the counter next to the tv, i noticed dozens of texts on my phone from my best friend emma.

one in particular that caught my eye was sent only a few minutes ago.

ride or die 🔥: dude! turn on the fucking tv right now and watch tmz

my eyebrows furrowed wondering why emma would ask me to watch tmz out of all things but out of curiosity i turned on the tv and flipped to the channel that began my hell on earth.

Exclusive! Photos of an "Unknown girl" in "No tears left to cry" singer Ariana Grande's home surfaced online last night.

i felt like vomiting when pictures of me in ariana's bed fast asleep appeared onscreen. salty tears stung my eyes as the host kept talking about the situation.

"grande made a statement on instagram live last night. let's take a look."

ariana's face popped up on the tv screen. i felt my heart pound awaiting on what her response would be. i could see she was antsy.

"i just wanted to say thank you to everyone that's concerned about me. well let me address the topic everyone's talking about. those pictures had to be.." she began to hesitate. "had to be pictures of a fan that went a little bit too far."

anger bubbled up inside of me when she said those words.  i grabbed the tv remote and turned it off. i couldn't hear anymore lies. "ariana grande you're a fucking liar!" i yelled at the blank tv screen. how could i be so stupid. idiotic. ignorant.

"i let you have my fucking heart and this is the outcome."

my mind was doing backflips. an existencial crisis bubbling inside of me. such hurt almost blocked out the sound of my phone ringing like crazy. i picked up the phone not knowing who's voice would fill my ears.

and guess who fucking was on the other end of the line.

"imsorrypleasehearmeout." she said all in one breath. my fists clenched at her audacity to call me. after what she just pulled. "fuck you ariana grande." i spat coldly into the phone.

"y/n wai-"

i cut her off before she can give some bullshit explanation. there was no excuse for this shit. she humiliated me. betrayed my trust and threw what "we had" away.

"you're just another one of those celebrities that are looking for any excuse to get attention." i growled. "for you to stoop that low ariana. its fucking sick." i spat into the phone. i could hear the soft sobs on the other end of the phone.

"just know this wasn't my intention. i don't want you to think that what happened between was a joke. it isn't because im actually falling for you." she rasped into the phone. "sure whatever the fuck you say. doing this you absolutely confirmed that you're into me." i scoffed.

"you don't understand y/n i-"

"i don't have to listen to your excuses. have a nice life ariana grande. you won't be hearing from me any time soon. goodbye." my voice cracked at the end of that sentence. which i hated. i didn't want her to think that after this short period of time of meeting each other face to face i'd be this hurt and distraught. but fuck was i broken. shattered.

i got up from bed and looked at myself in the mirror. dark circles formed around my eyes. it looked like i aged 10 years overnight. my eyes trailed down my neck and landed on dark bruises all over my neck. i felt the blood rush to my cheeks. how could this happen to me. ive always been so cautious on not to fall for just anybody. but she's different. "or i thought ariana was different." i muttered angrily.

i looked over to my suitcase. i rush towards it, rummaging through to find something to cover my neck. luckily i found a turtle neck and slipped it over my head. i didn't need anything reminding me of her.

as i was sulking about the fact that my life was literally ruined a notification popped up on my phone.

iMessage from ari 😊

just to prove that im really falling for you, im gonna keep fighting for you. im not gonna give up y/n

my jaw clenched angrily as i swiped up my phone and blocked her number. i wouldn't let her try and "fight" for me. i sighed heavily feeling the heavy tears silently falling onto the apples of my cheeks. "h-hello?" i squeaked onto the phone. i called the one person that was in my life and meant something to me.

"emma im booking a flight to come home today." i said, wiping my tears roughly. "i'll be at the airport to get you y/n. you're gonna be fine." emma assured me. i mumbled a thank you and hung up.

god what's gonna happen now? i thought. as sad as this sounds she was my world. other than college and emma she was what motivated me. misery is such a feeling that is so prominent. it's easy to feel and identify. but it's a real mystery in general. what does misery contain? why is misery a thing?

misery is a mystery.

a/n: hey guys. i haven't updated in 84 years im sorry omg. with college and holidays and family ive been so busy. which is weird bc ive never had a social life before lmao. but i will update on a weekly bases from now on so stay tuned for that.

oh and happy new years! i hope everyone has a great year. and comment down below your opinions on this chapter. im a bit rusty when it comes to writing so i apologize in advance- emily