*Part 19*

Jughead
I can't quite register what's happening as Ronnie leans in to kiss me. She's all I've wanted for the last four years and the fact that I have her now is... not possible to put into words.

She kisses me softly at first before looking back up at my eyes a huge grin on her face. As she kisses me again I smile into her lips but our moment is cut short by the ringing of our phones. She tries to pull away but I pull her back in, a pout playing on my lips. She laughs slightly at this. "It could be important" she says
"Fine" I moan as I gently let go of her.
she walks away to pick up her phone and I answer mine, which happens to be from Toni.

"Hey Toni you will not believe what just happen-"
"Bettys in labour" she practically screams into my ear. I immediantly turn to face Veronica and by her facial expression I can tell someone's screaming the same thing into her ear. "How far away is the hospital?" I ask quickly.

————————————

As I rush into the hospital we immediantly make our way to Cheryl who is waiting in the lobby. "What's happening" Ronnie asks distressed as she reaches her. "Nothing bad clearly Ronnie" Cheryl says calmly, "cousins just getting a couple babies" she sings out but it's clearly not changing Veronica's mood. "Ugh" Cheryl groans, "I got a phone call from Toni at the bar and then phoned you Ronnie to come here, that's all I know."
Ronnie turned to me to say something but this all happened so fast and I don't know what she wants me to do. Luckily for me Toni rushes over to us.
"I spoke to the nurse" she says slowly "bettys in labour and she's just down that hall with Archie. She says it'll be a while so we can leave and they'll give us a call. Oh and everything's going great."

I can tell Veronica wants to stay. Even if Toni's words reassured her, she was gonna be the first one to meet her godchildren. Knowing what was coming I sighed before volunteering to stay with her if Cheryl and Toni wanted to get a good nights rest but everyone agreed in staying so we cosied up in the lobby chairs.

—————————————-

Veronica
I had fallen asleep for who knows how long before the sound of giggling wakes me up. I open my eyes to see that the noise is coming from Cheryl and Toni who are sitting opposite me and jug and I quickly realise their laughing at jug and i's sleeping position. My head is on his shoulder, our feet tangled together and our hands intertwined. I feel my cheeks form a hot shade of pink before I pull myself apart from him and sit up straight.

The only good part is that the moment is short-lasting as a nurse comes out suddenly. "The twins have been born you can go see them" she informs us and I quickly shake jug awake and pull him to bettys hospital room before he even knows what's going on.

"Betty" I whisper excitedly as I move into the room to see her holding one baby whilst Archie holds the other. I can see complete fear on Archie's face and I almost break out laughing. "May I" I ask him and he slowly places the baby in my arm.

Jughead
I can see complete joy on Ronnie's face as she holds the baby in her arm. "Congrats betty" I say to her but she's too tired to respond.

After an hour passes we leave Betty and Archie to rest with their new children. I grip Ronnie's hand tightly as we walk out together, Cheryl and Toni beside us. "I'm so happy for them" Ronnie says and we all nod in agreement. "We've actually got news ourselves" Toni speaks up and Cheryl looks at her with a worried expression. "Not now toni" Cheryl whispers. As if we can't hear her.
"Now you have to tell us" I say and Cheryl nods to Toni to say it's alright
"Cheryl and I have been accepted to adopt" she squeals
"Omg" Ronnie says
"I know! we didn't want to tell you unless they said yes and they did" Toni continued, excitement still clearly in her voice.

At her words Ronnie looked back up at me with love in her eyes. I guess things were going great for everyone.
"So anything new in your life?" Cheryl asks suspiciously
"Nothing special" Ronnie says still not taking her eyes off me
"Okay you guys definitely kissed" Cheryl says and I scoff at her bluntness.
"Ok maybe" Ronnie says, the grin from earlier prominent on her face again.

—————————————

"Goodnight girls" Ronnie says to Cheryl and Toni as they walk away, leaving us outside Ronnie's apartment.

"So with the kiss and all are we..like.." I stutter, not sure how to get the words out
"Forsythe pendleton Jones the third I'd love to be your girlfriend." She says to me and I pull her in for another kiss.

"Wanna finish this inside" she says seductively and I nod as I push her through the door, passion coursing through my veins as I kiss her.

———————————————-
A/N
The next chapter will be the last. Thankyou to everyone who's supported my story and I'm already excited for my next. It's gonna be a more realistic version of the characters and they are all still gonna be in highschool.