*Part 8*

Jughead
....."You think I love Betty," I say almost laughing but she's very serious just nodding along to what I say. "Ronnie I don't love Betty I love-" but I'm cut off by her letting go of me and saying "OMG"
"What is it Ron," I say but she's gone, running off in the direction of.... some guy? suddenly pain washes over me with just one word Veronica screams out.

Veronica
"Mark?"I call out, tears building up in my eyes. I rush towards him and immediately wrap my arms around him, digging my head into his chest. After a few minutes I look up and he caresses my face in his hands, wiping away a few stray tears. "Ronnie, I missed you so much," he says.
"How did you find me," I ask
He chuckles, "you may have blocked my number, but I managed to track down your phone on find my iPhone and found you here. Your getting married to someone else" he says jokingly. "Of course not" I respond back, enveloping him in another hug.
"So whos this" Jug says and I finally pull away from Mark to see Jug standing next to me. "Oh right, jughead this is Mark, Mark this is Jughead." I say pointing them out to each other. "Jughead, weird name" Mark says, trying to ease the tension but Jug ignores him and looks at me to say "So this is your ex"
"I wouldn't say ex" he says "we are just on a break"
"Yeah well Betty and I were on a break, and now here I am at her wedding," he says.

Jughead
I can tell Veronicas glaring at me but I ignore it. There's just something about this guy that annoys me so much. "So how do you know each other" Mark asks. Veronicas about to say something but I quickly but in, "we live together" I reply. For a few seconds, I can see a bit of jealousy on Marks' face, which brings me so much joy but Ronnie quickly adds on saying "we are old friends from high school and Jughead offered to let me stay with him for however long I need."
"Ah old friends" Marks says pulling Ronnie closer to him. I just wanna reach out and punch the guy but instead, I just say, "Ronnie we should probably get back to the wedding"
"Oh right, yeah," Ronnie says "Cya Mark"
"Bye" he calls out before disappearing into the night.

Veronica
As we stroll back to the dance floor I turn to glare at Jughead. "What was that all about," I say but Jughead just shrugs so I hold onto both his shoulders, forcing him to face me. "Answer me," I say sternly.
"I've seen you cry over him so many times Ronnie, that doesn't leave a good first impression" he argues back.
"What? He did nothing wrong, I inflicted all the pain on myself but you wouldn't know you just guessed" I say angrily
"Well it's not like you told me anything," he says, replicating the same amount of anger I had in my voice
"It's not your place to know," I say, attempting to calm down
"Why not, I care about you Ronnie," he says staring into my eyes
"Your right, I'm sorry, you were just being nice. Let's just enjoy the wedding" I say
"Good," he says taking my hand as we walk back to the music
"So.. what were you saying before I interrupted you Jug."

Jughead
I start to shake a bit but I steady myself and say "I can't remember" because whatever moment we had before is gone now and probably gone forever.

We dance the night away till the early hours of the morning. Normally I would never feel happier with Ronnie in my arms but I'm scared of whats gonna change between us. What if she leaves riverdale.

"Hey guys, Archie and I are gonna head off but thankyou so much for coming" Betty says whilst winking at me and Veronica because let's not forget the embarrassing moment when I confessed my love for Veronica to betty. I shake my head at her but she's already running off with the ginger prince. "Shall we head home" Veronica says leading me off the dance floor. "Sure" I reply.

Veronica
As I put my hands around jugheads waist I can't help but feel safe but I just ignore my emotions as we drive off back to the trailer.

————————————

Just as I enter the trailer I hear jughead call out the question he's been wanting to ask me for a while. "Are you leaving riverdale." He asks and I respond honestly.
"Idk" I say. I don't want to turn around to face him because I'll just melt in his sorrowful eyes. "I'm going to bed" I say, attempting to walk past him but he holds onto my hand lightly, as though he's lost all strength.
"Do you still love him" he asks and I don't know if I'm lying to myself but I tell him "yes."

————————————

Jughead
I wake up late, which isn't surprising considering how long we were at the wedding for and how many drinks we had. As I get up I remember the horrors of last night and immediantly feel like crawling back under my covers. Instead I decide to check on the raven haired princess. As I walk into the bedroom I expect to see her sprawled out across the bed, a gorgeous smile plastered across her face. But instead..... she's not there. Or In the bathroom or, well that's really all the rooms in the trailer. I give up and start cooking my breakfast when I hear the trailer door close and see the raven haired beauty stroll in beaming.

—————————————
3 hours earlier

Veronica
I wake up to he sound of my phone ringing to my surprise. I miss the call but as I finally check my phone I see a text from mark. "Can you meet me in the park outside the church right now." It reads.
"Of course" I text back, hopping up. As I pull on my clothes and creep out the bedroom I look over to jug sleeping and without even realising it a smile creeps onto my face. And with that I'm out the door.

It's taking  me forever to walk to the park and I make a mental note to get jug to teach me how to ride his motorcycle.

As I arrive I can see mark sitting by a bench. Walking up to him I can see a smile spread on his face. The smile seems so familiar and warming. "Mark" I say as I sit down next to him. "What do you want to talk about?"
"Us" he says and I look at him with a face full of guilt. "Why did you leave?" he asks
"I was scared." I say "I don't know if this is it."
"Do you not love me" he asks
"Of course" I say without even thinking. Not because it's an easy question because that's how I've felt for the last four years. How could anything change. But little did I know.
"I'm just not ready for marriage" I say, "can we just take this slow" I ask.
"Sure" he replies taking my hand in his. Of course he would be okay with this. Mark is too good for me. He then takes my face in his hands and kisses me.

——————————————-
Back to present

Jughead
....I give up and start cooking my breakfast when I hear the trailer door close and see the raven haired beauty stroll in beaming

Veronica
"What's got you in such a good mood" jughead asks. I open my eyes wide at his voice, not even realising he was in here. "Well, I went to see mark" I say. I'm about to continue when jug cuts over me. "Your engaged?" he says, clearly trying to hide the anger in his voice. "No, we're just gonna take it slow for a bit." I say before adding, "I'm gonna go tell betty" but as I'm about to exit I hear jughead say. "There on a honeymoon in Hawaii."
"Oh yeah, they should have invited us"
"I don't think they would enjoy our company"
"Probably not, but we should still go on a holiday"
"But-"
"No buts jughead, lodge lodge this weekend and your coming. I'm gonna organise it"

Jughead
"Fine" I say in return, not that I have much of a choice. A week with Veronica and mark being all lovey dovey, what fun. (I hope you can read the sarcasm)

Veronica
I stroll away into the bedroom to call Toni, Cheryl, fangs, Kevin, Mark, sweetpea and Reggie to tell them my plan. Everything is going great all of a sudden. Yet as happy as I am to be with mark, when he kissed me this morning, there was something off. I didn't feel the spark. I throw that thought away, however, and continue to plan.

Jughead
I have just finished breakfast and am about to eat it when Veronica rushes in. "Everyone has agreed and we are leaving in four hours. Pack your bag."
"But I'm about to eat" I complain
"You can eat after" she says
"I can pack after" I say back smugly but she just looks at me with her gorgeous eyes that  I can't say no to as I trudge off to go pack my bag. "Don't forget your swimmers" she calls to me from the kitchen causing me to smile at the excitement in her voice.

———————————————-
A/N
Didn't end up posting yesterday. Whoops. Enjoy this chapter though

Also thanks for 300 reads and 10 votes. As well as all the comments that are really sweet and make me want to keep writing.