*Part 4*

Veronica
I am starting to enjoy the cool air that comes from jugheads motorcycle but soon the ride is over and we are at his trailer. For some reason part of me doesn't want to loosen my grip from his waist but it will be weird if I don't so I reluctantly release my hands and grab my suitcase from the back. We walk to his trailer silently and as we are about to go in I tell him "thankyou" but he just says "it's the least I can do. I was on my own once too."
And I realise how similar our lives have been with our terrible parents. No wonder we both ended up dating the most perfect people in high school to get away from the madness.

———————————-

"So if you take the bed I'll sleep on the couch" he says
"Are you kidding no. This is your trailer."
"Exactly so my decision is final." He states
"Fine." I sigh with a pout that causes him to smile. I throw my luggage in his room which is surprisingly tidy and walk back out to see jughead already cosy watching a film.

Jughead
I am at the start of my favourite movie, Casablanca, when Veronica snuggles up next to me, laying her head on my cheast as if it was normal. Her silky hair is put up in a messy bun and I can finally see how gorgeous her face is. Wait what? I mean I guess she's pretty but so is betty and Cheryl. As the next five minutes progress my hands start to sweat and I get a strange feeling in my stomach. "I'm gonna go get food." I say, pushing her off me to get up. "You're gonna miss the best part" she says which causes me to frown in confusion.
"You've seen this before" I say.
"of course" she replies "it's my favourite film." Wow, I guess me and Veronica are pretty similar after all.

I'm in the kitchen getting popcorn and I can't help but think about the how nervous I am. It doesn't make sense. I've known Veronica since we were in high school, I shouldn't be nervous around her.

Veronica
As jughead leaves to get the popcorn a message rings out on my phone.

From Cheryl Bomshell 🍒

Cheryl Bomshell 🍒
How could you not tell me your back in riverdale!!!!

Veronica
Whoops must have slipped
my mind

Cheryl Bomshell 🍒
Well you me and TT totes have to catch up. Will you be at Betty's dress fitting tomoz??

Veronica
Of course, she told me
about it today
I will see you soon.

Cheryl Bomshell 🍒
Love you 💗

End of text convo

Cheryl was the only person I kept in contact with when I left. I knew she wouldn't try to drag me back home or ask me everyday if I was ok. That was what I loved about Cheryl, although she can be nosy, she is trusting.

Just then jughead walks in with a bowl of popcorn. "Yum" I scream, grabbing a handful as he sits down. He awkwardly chuckles but I just brush it off and continue watching the movie.

———————————————-

Jughead
I wake up early, which is unusual, to the a bright light shining through the curtains. My arm feels stuck and as I look around I realise that I am lying next to Veronica on the couch, my arms wrapped around her. Immediantly my cheeks flush a bright pink as I realise we must have fallen asleep together last night and I need to get her off before she wakes up. As I push her over slightly she starts to stir and I see her eyes start to open so I jump up, pretending I had been attempting to wake her the whole time.