*Part 14*

Veronica
"What are you doing" I ask. Panic rushes through me but I try not to show it on my face as I speak. "Were you digging through my bag?" I ask but jughead is just speechless. "Wow" I say rushing up to him grabbing the pills out his hand and shoving them into my purse as I walk out the door. "Wait Ronnie" I hear him call after me. "Just go away jug" I say continuing to stomp down the stairs and out the office.

When I'm finally outside the office I can feel Jug turn me round to face him. "Let me explain myself" jug says which causes me to chuckle sarcastically. "What you were just curious or trying to help." I say in a mocking tone. "Well yes. I want to help Ronnie. What happened?" He asks. At his sympathy I almost break down either crying or laughing I'm not sure but I keep on walking. "Just because we're friends doesn't mean we have to talk about personal stuff." I say, my back turned to him as I walk down towards my apartment. "That's exactly what friends do"
"Yeah close friends not whatever we are"
"Well can't we be close"
"No jughead"
"Why?" He asks
"Because... our history" I say but he just looks at me with a confused face. "I can't let you get close to me Jug, I just ruin your life every time" I breathe out.
"No you don't" He whispers before adding "what if I don't care. What if I want to get close to you anyway"
"Well do you" I ask "because it's been four years you can change your mind." I can feel him open his mouth but before I let him speak I cut over him.  "Let me walk home alone" I say.
"Your drunk" he says sighing
"I'm just a bit tipsy."
"No" he says and I just roll my eyes but luckily for me I've arrived at my apartment building. "Bye" I say as I stroll in, which to my surprise jug does as well. "Go home" I say to him. "I am" He says a smirk now growing on his face. I roll my eyes again and step into the elevator, jug still following me.

"Okay what are you a stalker" I say as I now stand in front of my apartment. "I'm not letting you in" I continue but instead of stopping next to me he walks straight past me to the room next to mine. I'm so confused but suddenly shock washes over me as he pulls out a key and enters the room. "Bye" He says mockingly.

Jughead
I feel slightly proud as I walk into the apartment remembering her face from seconds ago. Yet the feeling quickly passes and what is left is pure guilt. I keep telling myself I wanted to help but it doesn't make me feel any better. "Urgh" I sigh as I slump down on my couch. In a moment of frustration I then grab the pillow beside me and yank it across the room.

Veronica
As I reach the inside of my apartment I let out a small sigh. I want to feel mad but I just feel stupid. He totally invaded my privacy but he just wanted to help. I don't wanna fight with him. I Just need to push jug away before I hurt him. I sigh again and move over to my bedroom. "Goodnight jug" I whisper to myself as I turn off the lights.

————————————-

I wake up the next morning. Early as usual and head to work, the troubles of yesterday no longer plaguing my mind. I think deep down my plan is that if I give jug some peace of mind and let him know I won't be hurt when he moves on then it'll be better for us both. With that in mind I send a text through to jug.

                                   To jug

                                                                     Ronnie
            Hey, don't worry about yesterday do you
          wanna meet up after I finish work at a bar 
                                 downtown  called "sneakers."

Jug
Sure. I'm sorry about yesterday I know I was pushing it.

With this I put my phone back into my pocket and continue my day.

——————————————

As soon as I burst through the office doors Peter comes rushing out towards me. "Ronnie notice anything different" he asks me as he holds his hands up to his face. "Um new nails" I ask curiously. "Wow" He says with an unimpressed face but my eyes suddenly go wide. "Dylan proposed" I practically yell, earning me a few weird glances from co-workers. "Finally" Pete says as he returns to his joyful mood from before. "This is amazing" I say.
"I know" Pete says back
"So when did he propose"
"Two days ago"
"Why didn't you call me"
"This had to be done in person"
"Fair. So when's the wedding"
"Idk but it's just gonna be a small gathering" he says and I nod along
"You have to help me plan it" he adds
"Of course" I reply
"But I'm going on a month long holiday to celebrate"
"Wow, even luckier. I am so jealous" I say as I give him a slight punch in his shoulder.
"I'm gonna miss you" He says but I just scoff.
"Yeah right. Your gonna miss me whilst on your vacation with your fiancé." I say sarcastically
"Your right I won't miss you" he says jokingly and we both laugh. "Anyway I just came to pick up some stuff and say goodbye to you. So.. see you in a month." He says and I say goodbye and give him a hug before he's on his way and so am I. except I'm on my way to do work instead of lie around on beaches. Damn he's lucky.

————————————-

Jughead
As six roles around I'm running around my apartment. You gotta look good to go to a bar right? I tell this to myself as I struggle to find my cologne and a shirt that looks nice. As I'm finally done in the mirror I give myself a quick hair flip and sigh with exhaustion. How do girls do this. I then quickly grab my keys to my car and put in the address for "sneakers"

—————————————

                               To Ronnie

                                                                             Jug
                                    Hey Ronnie I'm at the bar      
                                                         where are you?

Ronnie
Omg I totally forgot. I'm so sorry. Take a seat at the bar and I'll be with you in a minute.

I sigh slightly as I look at my phone but sit down nonetheless.

————————————
A/N
Next chapter coming Soon
Meaning in like five minutes to 4 hours
Hope you liked this chapter, the worst so far but still.