*Part 16*

Jughead
"Thanks for tonight" Ronnie says to me as she's standing by her apartment door. I smile at her In acknowledgement as I move over to my own door but as i'm about to walk in Ronnie says something else. "You'll have better luck on your next date" she calls out which causes me to chuckle. "There won't be another date" I say but she just gives me a sly grin and says "we will have to see about that." As she walks off into her room.

I feel like Ronnie and I are closer again but it's still weird. So much has changed in her life in these past years and I don't know if I fit in her life anymore. All the blind dates she plans are kinda like ways to get me away from her and I don't wanna lose her again.

————————-

I wake up early again today which is a drag but I get up nonetheless because I'm going in to meet my new publisher. As I stroll out my door I bump into Ronnie in the halls. "Walk with me" I ask her as she turns around in shock. "Of course" she says as a smile spreads across her face.

————————-

After finishing our morning drinks in central perk we make our way to the office. On the way here I told Ronnie I was getting a new publisher and unsurprisingly she immediately told me everything I need to know about her co-workers incase they were who I got. "Oh and tiff is great just make sure not to cut over her. She hates that" she finishes as we arrive. "Ok I've already forgotten everything" I say jokingly to which she just laughs. We are about to head our separate ways when who I assume is Ronnie's boss calls us both to her office.

"Ms.graves" Ronnie says as she shakes her hand before sitting in front of her desk. I do the same and sit down awkwardly. I don't even know this lady why have I been called in as well.
"Veronica" the middle aged woman starts "you know i like to get straight to the point so here's what's happening. I have your first client and it will be no other than forsythe sitting to your left."
She immediately turns worried and I do the same. I wrote some personal stuff about her in my book. "I don't know if that's the best idea" Ronnie argues and ms.grave suddenly gains a grave face much like her name suggests. "Forsythe wait outside" ms.grave says harshly.

——————————————

10 minutes go by before Ronnie finally storms out the office. She walks straight past me and I start fast walking in an attempt to keep up. "God I hate that woman" she says to me whilst we walk. "What happened?" I ask
"Just the usual. You've been away awhile I don't think you have room to argue. I could fire you" Ronnie says clearly trying to mock ms.graves
"But I mean I would be angry too if I had my face shoved halfway up my ass." She says, practically fuming now.
We finally arrive at Ronnies office but before she goes in she turns to face me. She has a much calmer tone now as she speaks. "I'm so sorry but if you want your book published here it's gonna have to be done by me" She says professionally.
"I do" I stutter out surprised by this new side of Ronnie
"Well then hand me your book. I'll read it this week and show it to your editor next week." She says
"Sure" I say as I hand her my book I've been carrying around in my bag. And with that she walks into her office leaving me dumbstruck. "I guess I go home" I think to myself as I make my way out the building.

————————————-

Veronica
As I grab jugs book I walk over to my chair and sit down. I don't wanna let this ruin jugs and mines friendship but I can't let it get me fired either. I'm kinda interested in reading his book anyway I think to myself as I open up to the first chapter.

"To the outside world riverdale may look like a small innocent town but their are shadows lurking within" I read. Spooky start. This sounds a lot like the moody jughead I know.

" "What?" The blonde beauty aks as I stare into her deep blue eyes. All of a sudden my body takes control as l push my lips onto hers. The kiss is gentle and sweet like no other kiss before." I  read. This is weird.

" "That's why I love you betty cooper" I whisper. She suddenly turns round to me, her eyes sparkling with joy. "Jughead Jones I love you too" She says to me and it's the first time I've ever felt truly loved." As I read this part of the book I look at their relationship in a way I never have. Jug was using betty to fill his loneliness and so was betty. Jug was running from his Broken family and Betty from her best friend who didn't love her. No wonder she ran back to Archie as soon as she could.

" "Call me the bogart to your Bacall" I tell Veronica"
Hold on did he just reference us to a married couple. How did I miss this.

"with a shaking hand I look over the image sent to me from Cheryl. Betty and Archie making out in his room. Ever since the black hood incident they were closer but I didn't think they were this close. I can't help but let a few tears slip-"
I close the book and stand up. I've done enough reading for today and it's late. I gather my work books and walk home slowly. Taking in the night around me.

I can't help but feel like this book will change how I think about jughead. In a good way to bad way I'm not quite sure but I have no choice I think to myself as I stroll back to my apartment.

—————————————
2 days later

Jughead
As I walk out of sneakers for the second time this week I give Ronnie a defeated look. "I'm not trying to get a girlfriend" I say to her after the end of my second blind date. "That's because you haven't met the one yet" she says which causes me to chuckle. "There is no one person for someone" I say but her confidence doesn't falter.
"Of course their is" she says "you'll know when you meet her."
"Does everyone always end up with their one and only?" I ask
"Of course not" she replies sadly, "my mum didn't end up with her hero but I like to think one day she'll go back to riverdale and Fred."
"Thats only what happens in fairy tales" I tell her and she sighs even though she knows it's true.
"What if I already met my one and only" I ask her and I can hear her breathe hitch for a second before answering
"I don't think you have."
We stand in silence for a moment before our Uber arrives to take us to central perk. It's kind of a tradition now to go talk about the tragedies of my date overs cup of coffee and hot chocolate. It's honestly the only reason I still agree to these dumb dates.

—————————————

"Thanks Ronnie" I say as she hands me my warm cup.
"So how are you liking the book" I ask
"Oh it's really fun reading about your love for betty" she says and I almost spit out my drink in laughter.
"So where are you up to" I ask nervously. I might have to hide under a rock after she reads the stuff I wrote about her.
"When you found out about betty and Archie" She says slowly as if it might still affect me.
"Did Cheryl tell you as well" I ask to which she simply nods.
"Subtle as always" I say sarcastically causing Veronica to laugh.
"Well Subtle isn't exactly what you would expect from someone who calls themselves Cheryl bombshell."
"Fair point" I say as I laugh along with her. She still has the smile I remember. Gorgeous and big , taking up a lot of her face in a goofy way.

———————————-

Veronica
I stroll into bed after my rendezvous with the raven haired prince and pull out the manuscript for his book.

"I bet you can imagine my surprise when Veronica showed up back in town after four years. At first I didn't realise but as I lifted my eyes from my laptop they were met with her gorgeous brown ones and-"

"Okay that's enough reading for one day" I say to myself quickly as I place the book back, take one of my pills and let sleep take me.

——————————————
A/N
Will the book change Veronica's feelings towards jughead?
Will jughead find someone he likes on one of his dates?

Sorry for taking long to update I have writers block. Yay. I know where I want the story to go but I don't know how to get it there.

Also thanks for two thousand reads. Love you all. 💗