*Part 13*

Veronica
"Beep, beep"
I hear the sound of my alarm clock beside my bead and moan loudly as I bang my hand around my bedside table in an attempt to find the button to turn it off. Eventually I give up and hop out of bed into the chilly breeze coming from my opened window. As I turn off my alarm clock that reads 5am I head off into the kitchen to make eggs or something.

By the time 6 rolls around I'm ready for work and I grab my bag and head out into the streets of New York. Glad to be back in my usual schedule I walk around the park opposite my apartment until the sun is up and I can head off to get my usual hot chocolate.

"Thankyou marge" I say to the lady at the register as she hands me my drink. You get to know the people around you when you have followed a strict schedule for the past three years. Except for the last few months. "No problem darl" she says as she moves off to the next customer. Marge has always been super sweet to me. Gives me the kind of motherly care I never got.

As I go to walk out the door I see jughead brush past me about to walk in. Yet as soon as he sees me he stops in his tracks.

Jughead
Waking up early has never been my thing but these book appointments are important so I rush out of bed this morning considering I'm running late already and rush off to my new favourite coffee shop.

As I'm about to stroll in I notice a familiar raven haired beauty step out of the shop. "Ronnie" I call out awkwardly. "Oh hey" she says turning around to face me. We stand there quietly for a while before she attempts to end the silence. "So you going to get coffee here" she asks to which I just nod. "You know they serve a"
"A mean hot chocolate, yeah I know" I say cutting over her. She chuckles slightly at this nodding along to what I'm saying. "Yeah how did you know" she questions. "Someone I knew once told me" I say and now the akward silence is back. "Well you better get that coffee I'm gonna head to work" she says attempting to end this encounter but I'm not ready for that yet. "You know what" I say "I don't need any coffee and I know work doesn't start for another hour how about we catch up a bit" I finish. I can tell she doesn't want to but she can't think of an excuse so she agrees as I lead her down the streets to a park bench.

Veronica
What have I gotten myself into

Jughead
My palms are a bit sweaty and somehow I'm jittery even though I haven't had any coffee to drink. "So" I say "bettys pregnant. With twins, guess they run in the family huh" I say trying to ease the tension. "Yeah she told me. We were actually FaceTiming last week." She replies. "Oh" I say letting the words sink in. "So you just stayed in touch with her or like everyone else except me" I say slightly aggravated. Why has no one told me this. "Just Cheryl, Toni, Betty, Kevin, Archie, reggie, jo-"
"So basically everyone" I say my anger showing in my voice
"It was just easier like that jug" she bargains
"Don't call me that" I say
"What? jug?"
"Yes. We're back to strangers now Ronn- Veronica"
"Don't be like that" she says slightly annoyed.
"Your the one who left. After all I did was love you." The words leave my mouth so easily. It feels like I'm saying everything I've been wanting to say to her for four years. "Why couldn't you love me. Am I that bad a person" I whisper
"I did love you jug" and those words are like knives to my heart. Because it means that our love wasn't enough. That I'm not enough for her.
"See you around" I say as I go to stand up
"Wait" She says as she grabs my wrist lightly.
"Yes" I say not daring to face her. She goes silent and I can hear her stuttering slightly as she loosens the grip around my wrist and I walk off.

Veronica
As Jug walks away I sit back down on the bench. I just have to ruin everything don't I. A small tear streaks down my cheek but I wipe it away not wanting to cry in public. I didn't realise that me leaving would hurt him so much. I guess I just go around like a wrecking ball ruining everyone's lives. After a while I pop a pill to calm down and I stand up and slowly make my way to my office.