*Part 10*

Veronica
I can feel myself drift out of sleep yet I keep my eyes closed, fighting the light peeping through the curtains. Without thinking I slowly roll to my side and am alarmed to find myself bumping into someone else. I immediately bolt upright before realising its just Jug and chuckle slightly as I hop out of bed.

I stroll out into the kitchen to find Toni making breakfast for her and Cheryl, who is sitting at the dining room table. "Hey, do you know where Jughead is" she asks.
"Um, yeah" I reply, "he's still sleeping in the bedroom." The words come so naturally but as soon as I say it Toni looks at me weirdly and Cheryl lifts her eyes from her phone to me. "How would you know" Cheryl asks smirking whilst Toni looks angry? "There aren't enough rooms so he's staying with me" I say. "It's not weird" I add.
"No it's definitely weird, you should be sleeping with Mark" Cheryl states
"It still feels weird with Mark" I say and I can see Cheryl start to open up to the idea before Toni buts in saying "then he can sleep on the couch"
"I feel bad its my fault he would have to." I moan and she just nods, asking again which room jughead is in before storming off.

Jughead
I wake up abruptly to someone hitting my head. "Argh" I scream only to find Toni banging a pillow into me. As its about to hit my head again I put a hand out to stop it and pull it away. "What was that for Toni" I yell at her.
"Why are you sleeping in Veronica's room" she screeches
"Keep it down" I whisper
"This is gonna end badly" she says calmer
"Ronni an-"
"Veronica" she cuts in causing me to sigh and then continue.
"Veronica, and I are mature adults" I say emphasising her name.
"Deep down you want something to happen between you" she accuses
"I mean yeah, but I'm not gonna ruin her relationship"
"Your sleeping on the couch" and before I can argue Tonis out the door.

I get up twenty minutes later and walk into the kitchen only to find everyone at the table. Marks arm is around Veronica as she eats awkwardly and suddenly my mood is ten times worse. I pick up the leftovers from the pan and slump down into an empty seat. "What's got you in such a bad mood" Cheryl says and she's about to continue before Veronica mouths a no and she sighs focusing her energy back on Toni. 'You know" I say grabbing almost everyone's attention. "The only way to change my mood is as someone so perfectly once said "clothes off, swimsuits on" I finish eyeing Veronica as she laughs at my reference. "Couldn't have said it better myself" she replies back and I can see everyone's confused faces as we laugh with each other as if no one else is here. But the moment is ruined as soon as Mark says "great idea lets go," filling me with complete anger at his existence.

———————————————

Veronica
I've been on the phone for 15 minutes so I am a bit late as I walk outside to see everyone already in the pool. "What took you so long" Mark says grabbing onto me and taking me a bit by surprise. "Just taking a call" I say slipping out of his reach and into the pool. I feel like hanging out with Toni and Cheryl but unsurprisingly they're making out so I walk over to Kevin and Fangs. "Love the bathers" Kevin says to which fangs replies "hey, eyes over here" causing us all to laugh.

Slowly everyone joins our once trio until everyone's having one big conversation. The moment feels almost perfect as we all laugh and have a ball but the call from earlier plagues my mind as I think about what it means.

Jughead
Throughout the conversation I can tell Veronicas distant so as she walks off to go get a drink I follow, telling everyone I need to go to the bathroom. "Fanta, huh?" I say as she picks up the soft drink from the fridge inside. "yeah she says" looking down at her drink as she answers. "I'm more of a coke person" I say and she mimics barfing. "Hey its not that bad" I say laughing.
"Oh it is" she says laughing along with me. I always feel so comfortable with her and I almost forget why I came to talk to her. "So you seem a bit distant everything okay." I ask.
"Oh um yeah" she says and I can tell she's lying but I don't want to push her. "Wanna head back" I say and she nods following me back outside.

———————————————

Veronica
We have been here for the past two days meaning today is our last day. Jug started sleeping on the couch and no matter how hard I begged him to take the bed he wouldn't which was odd considering how fine he was with it at the start. Mark is so sweet as always and as much as I love spending time with him it still feels weird when he holds me. Maybe I just got so used to the single woman life, which is a funny thought. Surprisingly I have never been single for too long. Ever since my first boyfriend before I moved to Riverdale I have only spent a few months before being in a relationship.

With this thought I walk outside to see everyone on the motorbikes waiting for me. Mark is riding with sweetpea and I can see how nervous he still is riding on this thing. "Ready to go" Jug says as I approach him. "Sure thing I say" as I hop on behind him and we lead the others to a picnic area.

As soon as we hop off I grab the picnic blanket and walk ahead away from the normal path into the forest. I can see everyone thinks I am lost but as I see my initials carved into a tree I wrote years ago I can tell we aren't far. "Here it is" I say gesturing to a small clearing surrounded by tall trees with a beautiful look at the sky. Everyone cheers, most likely because they are happy to finally be able to stop walking. "Since we are staying till dark today and heading home during the night I'm gonna go head out to get some wood for the fire" I say to which Jughead immediately stands up offering to come with me

We stroll through the forest, slowly picking up pieces of wood as we go. "We should head back" i say but Jug is just listening closely to something else. "Ronnie follow me" he says, dragging me god knows where. "Cmon Jug we have enough wood" but before I can even finish my sentence the woods fade away and we are standing on a cliff above the ocean. "I knew I could hear waves" I hear him mutter. "Wow" I say sitting down on a large rock beside me. "Yeah" he says sliding down next to me. "How did I not know this was here" I say, "I didn't even know we were by the ocean." 

Jughead
We sit in silence for a while before I break it saying "Its a gorgeous view" to which she nods. "Not as gorgeous as you though" I add without thinking. "What?" she says softly, turning to me. Omg my stupid blabbering mouth. "What?" I say trying to play it off. "You said I'm gorgeous" she says smirking at me, mouth slightly open in shock. "Uh, well I mean, Um..." I stutter nervously, "I'm just stating facts." Oh god that was even worse than before. She chuckles a little not daring to take her eyes off me and suddenly her lips are against mine. At first I don't quite realise it's happening but once I do I join in. Our faces fit together perfectly as my hand reaches up and traces her jaw. The kiss is sweet but has a passion that Betty and mines never had.

It feels like seconds before it's over even though it must have been a while. I can't read her face but being the idiot I am I mutter out "wow."

——————————————-

A/N
So I finally gave you the kiss you've been wanting. Sorry for taking so long to update but it is near the end of term and I have a lot of tests and assignments coming up.

You'll get another update over the next day or so. Also thanks for reading this far and also for twenty votes. I love all the support.