*Part 9*

Veronica
I pack a small backpack which is very unlike me, but since we have to use the motorcycles to travel to lodge lodge we can only use the holder underneath seats to put all our stuff in. "Hey, jug you ready," I ask
"Yep," he says coming up behind me and placing his arm around my shoulder. "Great" I say smiling up at him. I keep looking up at him until he smirks at me causing my ears to turn pink. "Um, so I'll be riding on your bike and everyone's already left so we'll be a bit late." I continue
"We better hurry then," he says pulling me along.

————————————-

It takes around an hour to reach lodge lodge yet it feels like we have been riding for a lot longer. As I feel us stop I finally open up my eyes but I've never been here before. "Jug I think you might have taken a wrong turn," I say.
"I don't think so" he comments picking me up off the bike and pulling me down a small path.
"I'm pretty sure this isn't it jug," I say
"Do you trust me" he says and I laugh. "Sure" I say sarcastically and he stops abruptly flinging me into his back. "Ow" I call out, looking up to now see his face looking down at me. "Do you trust me" he repeats. "Of course" I say now serious. His smile spreads back on his face and he continues pulling me down to a gorgeous clearing. "Omg jug" I breathe out, still holding his hand.

The clearing is surrounded by gorgeous cliffs and in the centre is a small shelter surrounded by a moat of water as clear as the sky on a summer day. "How did you find this" I ask.
"Last time we were here when I found out about betty and Archie's kiss during the black hood incident, I went on a walk and found this place." He says
"Did you take betty here" I ask
"No, I wasn't exactly in a romantic mood" he says chuckling.
"Yeah" I say looking up at him sympathetically.
"Wasn't it you who said I don't want your sympathy" he says and I laugh thinking back to when I first met jughead after coming back to riverdale a couple months ago. We were never friends before I came back and now he's so important to me.
"Let's go sit down" he says and I follow him.

Jughead
I know that what I'm doing is probably wrong since she has a boyfriend who she was gonna marry but friends can do this kind of stuff too.

We talk for hours before we realise we probably should get back before everyone gets really worried.

We take the path back up to my bike, which is luckily still there, yet as we are about to drive off rain starts pouring down on us. "Oh no," Veronica calls out even though she's laughing at our predicament. "Should we head back to the shelter?" I say but she just shakes her head. "It's only rain," she says tightening her grip around my waist as a sign to start driving.

The trip to the lodge takes around fifteen minutes but by the time we arrive, we are already drenched. As Veronica hops off of the motorbike behind me she slips in the mud beneath her falling into my arms. Her distressed face turns amused as soon as she sees our position. I laugh along with her but I can't help but feel something as she lays in my arms and as bad as this is I lean in slowly. To my surprise, Veronica does nothing to stop me but with our faces inches apart a call from the door rings through my ears pulling Veronica away from me.

Veronica
"Oh thank god you guys are here" I hear Cheryl call from the porch. This voice brings me back to reality as I step out of Jugheads reach. "We were starting to get worried" I hear another voice call out, possibly Tonis? As Jughead and I step closer we see through the thick rain everyone waiting under the shelter of my porch. "Why aren't you guys inside," I ask.
"We don't know where the key is" Cheryl responds, "and you didn't answer our calls."
"OMG, I'm so sorry," I say as guilt washes over me. "The key is in that pot plant," I say reaching out and unlocking the door once I grab the key. Everyone pushes past me to the warm house and I turn around to grab the luggage only to find Jughead holding it. "Thanks, Jug," I say. "For everything" and with that, I walk inside.

Jughead
After showering I make my way downstairs to see everyone huddled around the fire. I can see Veronica is already cuddled up in Marks' arms and I don't know how she can do that after our almost moment minutes ago. "What are you talking about," I ask causing everyone's eyes to turn to me. "Just about how our motorbike broke down, and that being why we took so long" Veronica states, winking at me. "Oh, right," I say. At this Toni, looks at me and I can tell she sees right through me. "Jones mind if I talk to you," Toni says even though she's already dragging me into another room.

"What is it?" I question.
"Where were you and Veronica?" she asks.
"Our car broke down," I say matter-of-factly
"I see right through you Jones. You weren't hooking up were you," she says accusingly
"What? No!" I say, and I can tell she believes me
"But you like her?"
"Uh.." I don't know what to do. I'm lost for words.
"OMG, I knew it. She has a boyfriend, Jug."
"I know" I sigh
"Don't try anything on her then and I mean it?" she says pointing a finger at me. "If you hurt her I will kill you" and with that, she smiles and walks back into the lounge to snuggle next to Cheryl.

I stroll back in and immediately feel Veronicas eyes on me. As our eyes meet I can tell she wants to know if I'm ok but I look away quickly. Tonis right, Im done chasing Veronica.

Veronica
Laying in Marks arms feels different than it was. Familiar, yet different. As night falls and we all move to our separate rooms I can tell Mark wants to share with me. "Hey" he says walking behind me into an empty room. "Mark, part of taking this slow means staying in different rooms. Is this ok?"
I can see him fall a bit at my words but he nods and walks out, grabbing his stuff to put in a spare room.

I move off into the bathroom to change into my shirt and Tracksuit pants I wear to bed when I hear my bedroom door open. "Mark, what do you want?" I call out but no response. "Mark?" I call again. As I quietly pull back the bathroom door it reveals Jughead standing in the doorway. "Oh, Jug, why are you here?"
"Oh sorry, its just this is the last spare room, but I guess its not a spare. Why aren't you with Mark?" He asks
"Can't you share with Sweetpea" I ask ignoring his question.
"He's with Reggie." He replies, "Only one person can have a room to themself and I kinda thought you would be with Mark."
"Oh" I say. "I just felt weird sleeping in the same bed as Mark, I'm still getting used to everything but it's fine I'll just sleep on the couch."
"No" he says blocking me with his arm. "We can share this room, it's a double bed after all." he says
"Thanks" I say, reeling him into a hug
"No probs" jug says whist jumping onto the bed, "but I'm sleeping on the left." he adds lightening the mood.
"Sure" I say jumping in next to him.

Jughead
I haven't forgotten what Toni said but I'm just helping her out. Nothing's gonna happen. I've just got to control my feelings.

—————————————-

A/N
I might start updating less due to homework but enjoy this chapter.