My Worst Fear

I don't understand...what did he mean? He really loves me? I know he does! He's my best friend right now, I wouldn't of survived without him. He's the only thing in my life right now that's keeping me sane.

From: Mom

Honey, where are you? We miss you so much! You need to come home! I'm so worried!

To: Mom

I love you

From: Mom

What?!

To: Mom

mom, i love you! can you come to the hospital to pick me up?

From: Mom

The hospital? Oh goodness Emma, I'll be there ASAP!

To: Mom

thx a bunch

The doctors come in to take the old man out. I feel sort of bad that he wasted his last words on me, because frankly I don't even really know what he meant by it.They cover up his face and the family members are quietly sobbing into each others shoulders. One girl, about my age, is screaming for him to come back, and swearing at the top of her lungs.

"WHY?!?! FUCK, I DON'T KNOW HOW WE WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU! I LOVED YOU GRANDPA! WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE US NOW?"

I want to tell her to calm down, but I know that I didn't want anybody telling me to shut up when my grandpa died. I have empathy towards this girl and I don't even know who she is. Or who I am for that matter.

Then, I see what must've been his wife. A skinny, snow blonde haired, elderly lady that couldn't have weighed more than 90 lbs. after eating a whole Thanksgiving dinner. I feel like I know who she is, but at the same time, I would never know. She is sobbing, just like the rest of her family.

She stands up, and adresses the entire family. "Well, that's that. We must get going on now." She turns to me and says, "Good luck honey. I know that you're going to be just fine." She smiles and winks to me as she walks out of the door.

Do I know these people? I am very tempted to run out of the door and ask them who they are, but if I'm wrong, that would be really embarrassing. But, my curiousity is too strong. I run out of the door, but I look around and the family is no where in sight.

Where could they have gone so quick? I think to myself. Besides, someone walks through the door, and when she sees me, she instantly covers her face and cries into her hands.

"Oh, my baby! My poor Emma! Are you okay?"

"Well, I guess so mom?" I was just guessing. I don't know any other lady that I would ever let call me baby, unless it was my mom.

"Oh my, we missed you so much! Johnny is so worried about you!" Johnny?

"Johnny?"

"Your brother?"

"Oh, sorry mom, I knew that!" No I didn't. Jason said something once about him, but I didn't remember. "But, I'm really sorry for what ever I did, and I promise I won't run off on you as long as I live."

"Oh, honey, it's ok."

"Th-" But, I'm interrupted by Zack running through the door carrying Jason. Did they get into another fight? If they keep acting like this, I'm not going to like either of them. I know that they are best friends and everything, but I don't understand why they can't just settle this the easy way. Let me choose! I think that Zack is just too stubborn to realize that I don't like him the way that I will ever like Jason. I don't need to have my memory back to realize this much.

"He's hurt! We need to get him into emergency care!"

"Well, why are you here?! Go get the doctors or something!"

"Trust me Emma. I'm doing the best that I can."

And then I see it, a knife stabbed into his heart.