Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Beatrice was sitting by our dorm room door, crouched down, her head between her legs. It looked like she was trying to make herself as small as possible, hiding away from the world. I cluched Liam’s warm hand tighter, before stepping forward towards the lonely blonde.

“Beatrice?”

She looked up, sadness and confusion clear on her face. That left me unsure, why was she here? But before I could even consider an answer, she sprung up and embraced me in a tight hug. I was too surprised to react, and she pulled away within seconds and I saw something flicker over her face. Her eyes were clouded over with a completely bizarre emotion, for her anyway.

Regret.

She felt regret. That threw me completely off guard. Beatrice had always seemed so sure of herself, but now she was like a completely different person. She started forward, towards me and Liam.

“Kate, can I talk to you?” she started, looking unsurely towards Liam. When I didn’t make a move to reject her, she continued, “Kate, I’m sorry.”

I was speechless. She was sorry? Beginning to think that I had ended up in some parallel world where Liam loved me and Beatrice was not heartless, I flinched. Then I exploded.

What?! You are sorry?” I yelled incredulously.

“Yes,” she sighed, as if she was in an internal battle with herself. “Kate. Listen-“

“No, Beatrice,” I said, cutting her off. “You listen.”

I felt Liam’s hand clasp my own; the warmth radiating off him urging me on.

“You have made my life hell,” I started. “Ever since I started here. From the first time you saw me, and now,” I took at deep breath. “It is my turn.”

I didn’t know how she would react, but what she did next was definitely what I was expecting.

She cried.

Beatrice brought her hands up to her face and cried. Looking at her in shock, I realized that I had never seen her genuinely cry. Well, apart from when Liam was in hospital, but that was nothing compared to now. Glancing over at Liam, I saw that he too, was surprised. I didn’t know what to do. Being terrible at comforting, I patted her back as horrible sobs wracked though her body.

But my soothing didn’t seem to work, and being the nice person I was, I hugged Barbie. The girl that had ruined my life in more ways than one.

She hugged me back tightly, like I was the only one holding her up and together. It was a weird feeling. It was as if she relied on me.

I was definitely dreaming.

*

Eventually, Liam had left to go to his dorm, leaving me with Beatrice. Every time I tried to let go of her, she clung on tighter and cried harder, making it impossible to depart. She was begging for forgiveness between her horrible sobs, and finally, I gave up.

“Okay, fine, Beatrice. I forgive you,” I said, with a sigh. She looked up at me though her lashed, her eyes shiny with tears and hope. “If,” she visibly deflated, awaiting my condition. “You stop crying.”

She nodded ferociously, before hugging me tighter than before. “Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

I chuckled. “It’s fine. Now lets get you to bed.”

She nodded in agreement, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into our dorm. God. What had I gotten myself into?

When we were both finally in bed, Beatrice asleep and snoring, my phone vibrated beside me. I grounded, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, half asleep. My heart warmed when I saw who it was from.

Liam.

Goodnight, Beautiful. I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight… xx

Why? xo I replied, smiling at the message.

He replied almost immediately, his reply making my knees go weak and butterflies explode in my stomach.

I can’t stop thinking about you. If I do sleep, all I’ll do is dream of you. I love you, Kate. xx

I love you too, I thought, falling asleep with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~

Hey Lovelies!

Sorry it took so long, I was feeling shitty and uninspired :C

Anyway, go read my two new fanfics, Kiss Me (and Ed Sheeran one) and I've Got The Styes (a Harry one obvs..) Thanks for any feedback! Hopefuly they'll be better than this..

Aw, almost the end now.. :((((((

Oh, and just to clear things up, THERE WILL BE NO SEQUEL. Soz, I have no imagination, BUT I will be posting extra chappies at random times. Like when Liam proposes (maybe.. heheheheh) or when Kate discovers she's perggers (MOHAHAHAHAH) and stuff like that.

THANK YOU FOR 1000 FANS! I LOVE YOU ALL.

Please Vote, Comment and Fan.

Love you,
Eden xoxo

Ps: You know how I always go on about being sad? Well, I think I might have a mental disorder, I'm gonna go get it checked out hopefully. Just thought you might like to know..