Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Seeing Liam and Beatrice together broke me to pieces.

And seeing as me and Beatrice were roommate,s it was very hard to not see them.

It was my first day at uni, my first day of learning.

I put on a pink skirt, a floaty top and blue pumps. I left my hair loose and wavy. Liam always loved it like that, I thought as I looked in the mirror. Am I trying to impress him?

I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door. “Beatrice, I’m going now.”

She didn’t look up from her phone. “Bye.”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the door handle, yanking it down.

“Have fun.” My head snapped back towards Beatrice, who was smirking at me. I nodded curtly, unsure if she was serious or joking.

I turned back and came face-to-face with a t-shirt clad chest. I recognised the smell at once and knew who it was before I looked up at his face.

Liam.

I sighed and looked down at my feet. “Excuse me.”

I moved to the left just as he did. Then, I stepped to the right, and groaned when he did the same.

I looked up with an irrated expression, but my annoyed look faded when I saw his face. My breath caught in my thought.

This was the closest I had been to him since he left.

He looked back down at me with a pained expression. “Kate…”

“Hey Liam.” I said, trying to stay calm.

“Hey Babe!” Beatrice’s annoying shriek came behind me.

“Hi.” Liam replied, but he was looking down at me, instead of his girlfriend.

Butterflies burst through my stomach, as he looked into my eyes.

I snapped out of my trance. “Uh, I have to go to my lesson.”

Before Liam could respond, I brushed past him out into the hallway. I could feel his eyes boring into my back as I walked away.

When I turned the corner, my shoulders slumped and I groaned to myself. Why did he always do this to me? Just by looking at me and we hadn’t even had a proper conversation yet. Sigh.

I looked at my watch. I had five minutes to get to class and I didn’t even know where it was. Damn Liam.

I followed the signs pointing towards the ‘Music Block’.

As I pushed through the door, I met Ellie. “Ellie!”

She looked up from the books she was holding and smiled. “Hey Kate.”

“Hi. Where is room 097? It’s a music room.”

“You do music?”

“Yeah..”

She laughed. “Same, we’re in the same room.”

“Cool.” At least I knew someone in my class.

She beckoned me to follow her. “Come.”

“We have to hurry, we’re late.” I said, walking quickly.

Ellie laughed, again. “We have Mr Hudson, he doesn’t care.”

“But it’s first impressions.” I said, still flustered.

“Seriously, don’t worry.” She said, as she slowed in front of a wooden door, marked 097. She pushed it open, balancing her books on one arm.

“Hey, sorry we’re late.” She said, casually. She didn’t even say ‘sir’ or anything.