Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We had left the pool almost immediately after I had seen the articles. I hadn’t felt like doing anything else, so Ellie took me home, silently, without question. We had sat on my bed, cross-legged and chatted for hours. Then, when the sun had gone down, she tucked me into bed and left, quietly.

Beatrice didn’t come home that night.

-----------

The next morning I awoke to a loud banging sound. I sat up, a looked around the room wildly. It was empty. The banging came again, and my head snapped towards the door. I checked my clock. 5:58 am. God, it’s early, I thought as I pulled off the covers.

“I’m coming!” I yelled, groggily. The banging stopped and I got out of bed slipping on my furry slipper boots. I opened the door slowly, peeking outside, not knowing who to expect.

It was Liam.

I calmed my breathing, or at least attempted to and opened the door wider. “Hey Li.” I said, rubbing my eyes.

“Hi Kate.” I noticed him looking down at my pajamas, which happened to be some short shorts and a One Direction t-shirt. He smirked. “Never knew you were a fan.”

“I’m not.” I said, quickly, and then changed the subject, placing my hands on my hips. “Why are you here at six in the morning, Liam?”

“Um, well, there is something I have to talk to you about.”

I nodded. “Me too, come in.”

He stepped into the room and looked over at Bea’s empty bed. I felt a sinking feeling overcome me. Barbie. I sighed. “Where’s Beatrice?” I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

“She’s sleeping in my room.” He said, sounding careless. A sudden feeling of nausea overcame me. She had slept over in his room! They had spent the night together! Ew. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

“Um, Kate? Are you okay?” Liam said, waving his hand over my face. My eyes snapped to his. He looked concerned. I half-smiled up at him, then turned and walked over to my bed and sitting down. I patted the space beside me, motioning for him to sit down.

He did, and we sat there in an uncomfortable silence, waiting for the other to speak.

“Liam, I-“

“Kate, I-“ We spoke at the same time. I smiled at him and motioned for him to go on.

“I wanted to tell you about something.” He started.

I nodded, urging him on.

“There um, was something in the tabloids…” he said, before trailing off.

I nodded, “I know, Li.”

“What? About the articles and pictures?”

“Yup. Well, I only read one…”

He nodded, “Well, then I don’t really have to say much. They couldn’t see your face, so no-one could recognize you, unless someone close to us tells them your identity.” He smiled, happily, and I couldn’t help but smiled back.

Then he leaned in.

Realization hit, and I closed my eyes. He was going to kiss me.

Suddenly, we heard a key in the door lock and we sprung apart. Barbie stepped in, taking in the sight before her. Her eyes widened.

“What is going on here?” she said, calmly, too calmly.

“Um, n-nothing.” Liam stuttered. Oh, god, his girlfriend makes him stutter, what kind of relationship is that?

“Where you about to kiss?” she said, her eyes in slits.

“No, of course not.” I said, sounding much more confidant than I was. “I don’t like Liam, he’s like my best friend.”

I thought I saw Liam’s shoulders sag slightly, out of the corner of my eye, but it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me. She stalked over and saw Liam’s iPhone on the bed. She picked it up an started down at the screen. Her face went red in anger.

“What is this?” She turned to Liam. “Are you cheating on me?”

He shoot his head, ferociously.

“Are you cheating on me with…” Her head snapped up and she looked at me, realization clear on her face. “… her?”

She broke down in tears. “Oh My God, you chose her over me.” She sobbed, I must say she was a very good actress. Liam broke instantly, I saw it on his face. He patted her on the back, whispering in her ear. This is probably what she always did when he tried to break up with her; cry.

He whispered something more. “She’s just some weirdo.” She said. “Why her when you can have me, Liam?”

“I don’t know,’ he said, and kissed her forehead. I guess that meant they were still together then, I thought.

As they stood up to leave, Liam looked back at he with an apologetic expression. I pretended I didn’t see it and grabbed my phone, doing anything to occupy myself. I looked up as they walked out the door. Barbie was looking back at me, her face free from tears, not looking like she had just broken down. Damn, she was an amazing actress. She mouthed two words,

You’re dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hola Everyoneeee!

1D are in MEXICO! Wooop!

So, anyways, click the external link >> and vote for me in the 1D watty awards! PLEASE!

Um, sorry, I just realised that this book is really bad, so I'm sorry you guys all feel like you have to read it. Then again THANK YOU FOR READING ;)

Ummmmmmmmmmm.. Follow me on Twitter? Tumblr? Instagram (LiveLoveLouis)?

Yeah. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT and FAN ME!

Fun Fact: Apparently, Zayn is rapping with Connor Maynard in the next album! Woop!

Love y'all,

Eden xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx