Chapter 22

Chapter 22

My bags were packed, and I was standing at the University gate, waiting for Ellie. She had insisted to take me there, even though it was 6AM. Crazy child. I sent a quick text to Jamie, hoping I would wake him with my early morning message.

Awake? I’ll be with you soon ;) xo

When I had hit send, I realized how romantic that sounded. I laughed it off though; Jamie wouldn’t take it the wrong way.

Yay! Can’t wait :) x

I smiled at his response, before looking around for Ellie. She was late. Suddenly, a pair of hands reached around my face and covered my eyes. I squealed in shock.

“Guess who,” demanded a gruff voice, an oddly recognizable one, close to my ear.

“Ellie, I know it’s you.” I said, smiling.

The hands instantly removed themselves from my eyes, and the before-mentioned girl stepped in front of me.

“Aw, you’re no fun,” she moaned, pouting.

I giggled, before grabbing the handle of my suitcase. “We have to go or I’ll miss my train.”

“Oh, yeah, sorry,” she started. “I forgot to set my alarm…?”

“Whatever, El. You’re here now,” I said, although a sense suspicion churned in my stomach. What had she really been doing? It was to early for my to think straight, so I just shrugged it off.

“Let’s go,” El said, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind her.

The walk to the station was short, and we were there quickly. I bought my ticket and headed towards the platform, but something caught my eye. I turned to the magazine rack, but only one of them stood out to me. On the cover was Liam and me. I picked it up.

Liam Payne’s new girl? Go to page 4 for more gossip!

I couldn’t help myself and walked back towards the counter, counting out my money.

“Kate, hurry up!” Ellie stood by the door to the platform. “Your train is here!”

I thanked the cashier lady and sprinted out the door. “Bye El!” I shouted, pulling her into a quick hug. “See you soon, yeah?” She nodded. I smiled, before jumping onto the train, my suitcase in my hand. The door slid shut, seconds after I was safely onboard.

I waved at Ellie, through the dirty window, as the train started to move. She grinned, before pulling out her phone, pressing some buttons and putting it to her ear. Who was she calling? It was none of my business, but I still felt curious.

I sighed. Why did everyone seem to be keeping things from me?

I sighed again, before looking for a seat. Once I had found one, I plopped down and closed my eyes, exhaustion flooding over me. Soon I feel asleep…

---------------

I awoke as the train jolted around a corner. I opened my eyes, and looked around groggily. It was raining outside, and my sunglasses had slipped down over my eyes. I pushed them up, noticing something on my lap. The magazine.

I stared down at it, tears welling up in my eyes. I brushed them away, annoyed at my weakness. It happened to celebrities all the time, so why did I feel so bad when it happened to me? What did I expect? I groaned, before flicking to page 4. It was a blown up picture of me and Liam, hand in hand. Another next to it, of us in the restaurant, with a bold heading;

Liam’s new girl: One nightstand or something permanent?

Underneath were the words Liam Payne, of One Direction, was recently spotted with a new girl. She is still not identified and Liam, himself, hasn’t mentioned her either. One night stand then? She looks pretty plain to us, but what do you think? Tell us YOUR opinion at-

I couldn’t read anymore. I flung the magazine into the seat next to me, and put my head in my hands. They hadn’t even seen my face and I was already getting hate. What was wrong with the world?

-----------------

The train arrived in Wolverhampton soon after. I pulled my suitcase from the overhead compartment and hurried out of the carriage. I spotted my mum immediately, and ran towards her. I flung my arms around her, grinning from ear to ear; she hugged me back, smelling exactly how I remembered. Suddenly, I sensed someone watching me.

“Jamie!” I squealed. How had I not seen him there before? I didn’t care, all that mattered was that he was there now. I flung my arms around his neck, pulling him tight. He chuckled into my hair. I pushed away, taking a good look at my best friend, his hair was honey coloured and he had smoldering gray eyes. He was much more good looking than he had been just months ago, when I left Wolverhampton for London, I thought.

“It’s great to see you!” I said, looking at them both, smiling like a child on Christmas Eve. That was an understatement; it was amazing to see them.

“Let’s go shall we?” Jamie suggested, grabbing my suitcase and turning towards the car park. I nodded and followed close behind, eager to get home. Home.

--------------------

Later that evening, after Jamie had left, I lay on my old bed; eyes closed, thinking. Thinking about Liam, me, and my life in general.

My phone buzzed to life, beside me, signaling I had received a text. I rolled to my side, grabbing it, unlocking it.

Hey babe, how are you? I’ve heard you’re in the area. Wanna meet up? Ruth xx

I smiled. Me and Liam’s younger sister, Ruth had always been close.

I am! Sure thing :) Mocha hut tomorrow? 12? Xo

Mocha Hut was a tiny café in central Wolverhampton, where Ruth and I had met countless times before. She quickly agreed, and I smiled looking forward to it already.

I laid back, staring up at the familiar glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling. I closed my eyes, tiredness washing over me.

I fell asleep, smiling, Liam’s face haunting my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

I'll start by apologising; sorry. I have to stop promising things, because most of the time the things i promise aren't true. So sorry.

On a brighter note, I uploaded! Wooh! What do you think? This was more of a filler, so yeah, sorry it's short. I am planning for this story to be at least 30 chapters, but as I said before, I'm not promising anything.

I have some serious things to talk about though:

1) PLEASE don't advertise on my work. I have worked hard to get these reads, so please respect that. If you want me to read your story and perhaps get a promotion (if I think it deserves one) DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO ME. Easy. I'll read it, vote and comment sometimes ;) I'm not saying I'll read it right now, because, believe it or not, I have a life outside of Wattpad, but if you're patient I'll read it.

2) PLEASE be patient. I have a very weird posting cycle, and I'm often too lazy to post. I undertstand that you want the next chapter, because I have experienced exactly the same. How about you comment saying a comment on the story, what you like, don't like, AND THEN ask me to upload? It makes me happy to read you're amazing comments and support, and they often make me want to write. 

3) PLEASE don't hate. Or be rude. I got  comment on the last chapter, threatening to unfan me if I didn't upload soon. It makes me sad. I know the majority of you support me, so THANK YOU SO MUCh to those of you who do. I love you.

Thank you for all your wonderful support. You all mean the world to me. Will you marry me? Please?

Love,

Eden xoxoxo

PS: Listen to the song on the side >> I love Ed so much and U.N.I is beautiful.

PPS: Dedicated to Blarish_16 for the amazayn covers and banner. Thank you!