Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I jumped up and hugged Ellie, sweeping her petite figure into my arms. “He’s awake! Liam is okay!”

She pulled away and smiled. “Great. Want to go see him?”

“Of course! Let’s go!” I said, and pulled her towards the door.

Ellie grabbed her jacket on the way out and pulled it on. We walked down the corridor and out of the building, heading towards the bus-stop.

----------------

Beatrice P.O.V

I thought I would be happy that I was there when Liam woke up, but I was just pissed off.

Just before he woke up he started mumbling to himself, I was surprised at first, but then after I had managed to overcome the shock of him finally showing some sign of life. I had strained to hear and leaned towards him to ear his muffled words, expecting him not to say anything interesting.

“Kate..” He had said.

Kate? Why would he say her name? He had known her for ages, but still. Unless, there was something going on between them that he hadn’t told me…

I was going to find out, whatever it took. No one was taking my Liam from me.

------------------

Kate P.O.V

I ran down the hospital corridors, towards reception. I leant on the smooth counter, trying to get my breath back. Elli appeared next to me a minute later, as she had been reasonable and had not run the whole way from the bus stop.

I opened my mouth to say something, but ended up just breathing heavily.

“Uh, can we go see Liam Payne?” Ellie stepped in.

I smiled at her, gratefully.

“Are you family?” The receptionist said, staring at her computer.

“Uh, yeah, we’re his.. um, sisters..?” Ellie said, quickly.

“Are you guys Ruth and Nicola?! Oh My God!” She said, looking up, wide-eyed.

I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, trying to compress a laugh. Ellie looked at me, then we both nodded.

“Wow! I’m like Liam’s biggest fan! I love the boys! Oh My God! Can I have a picture? And a signature? Oh my god! I love Zayn and Harry, and Lewis is so cute! God, and Neil! Have you met them? I love you!”

After the outburst, some signatures and a picture, we finally got away from the receptionist and up to Liam.