Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was on the top of a bridge, looking down into the water, at my reflection. I shut my eyes and breathed in the the pure, clean air. 

I opened my eyes and looked back down into the water. There was another figure behind me, I  recognised him from somewhere. He step forward and I realised it was Liam.

“Kate.” He breathed.

“Liam.” I whispered.

“Oh Kate, I miss you. So much.” He walked forward and hugged me tightly to his chest.

 “I love you.” I blurted as I breathed in his familiar smell.

 Before he could reply, a dark shadow appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Liam. It started pulling him away from me. I screamed.

 “Liam!”

 “Kate.”

I tried to run, but my feet couldn't move.

“Liam! Don’t go!”

 He smiled sadly.

“Oh Kate.”

“Liam! I need you!”

“Kate.”

I stood there helplessly, as I watched him disappear in the distance.

“Liam!”

“Kate.”

“Kate..”

“Kate!”

My eyes snapped open.

 “Come on, Kate! We have to go or we’ll miss the train..” My mother’s voice called up the stairs.

“I’m up. I’m up!” I shouted, sighing as I got out of bed.

“You have half a hour.”

“Whatever.” I said quietly, so she wouldn’t hear.

“I heard that!”

I rolled my eyes and sigh, as I looked around my bedroom. It wass empty apart from my bed; all the posters gone, my chest of drawers empty, all my clothes at the bottom of the stairs in two huge suitcases.

I was going to University.

I thought back to my dream; Liam being taken away from me. It was a year since I dreamt of him last; maybe it was a sign. 

Liam.

I sighed again and changed, it was a long journey so I put on a pair of comfortable jogging bottoms and a baggy top. I let my hair hang loose and wavy, Liam used to like it like that...

God, I had to stop thinking about Liam.

“Mum.” I said, as I walked down the stairs. “I’m ready.”

“Good, love, get in the car.”

I walked down the worn path, looking back at my home. Well, now it was my old home. I was getting a new home now.

I slipped into the car and fought back unwanted tears. I was driving away from life as I knew it.

This was no joke, it was all reality..

I was off to uni. 

---------------------

After a long train journey and bus ride to the campus, I arrived.

I got off the bus and walked towards what looks like the main building. After I had asked in reception where to go, I started to look for my dorm room, room 123. At least it was easy to remember.

“Excuse me?” Said a voice from behind me.

I turned to see a small, pretty (or more like cute), blonde girl. Somehow she remeinds me of Niall... Niall Horan in One Direction. One Direction... 

Shit, I'm thinking about Liam again.

I snap out of my daydream, as she waved her hand infront of my face. "Uh Hello?" 

“Hi.” I said.

She smiled. “Are you looking for your dorm?”

 “Yep, room 123.”

 “It’s just down the hallway and to the left.”

“Great. Thanks, Oh, I’m Kate by the way.”

“Hi, I’m Ellie. Nice to meet you.”

I smiled again. Ellie and Niall... Oh God, I was still thining about Liam-related subjects. “Yeah, you too.”

“Room 123.. Hmmm..” Ellie said, looking deep in thought.

“What? Is there something wrong with the room or something?” I joked. 

She smiled, but it looked slightly forced. “Nope, do you know who your room-mate is?”

 “Uh no. Not yet.”

“Oh.”

I was worried now. “Is she really horrible?”

She looked uncomfortable. “Uh, I don’t know, I shouldn’t say anything..”

“Oh okay..”

Suddenly, she perked up and smiled widely. “Well, Kate, nice to meet you, but I have to go.”

 “Yeah, sure. See you!” I turned down the hallway again, in search of my dorm.

 “Bye. Good luck.”

 Good luck?

I spun round, but she was already gone. What did she mean?

Was my roommate really that bad?

--------------- 

Eventually I found my room. I stood in front of the big wooden door, suddenly nervous about goign in. I could hear laughing. At least she was happy, I thought as I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

“- Of course, Babe. I’ll meet you at 7.”

Sitting in the middle of the floor was the most Barbie girl I have ever seen, talking into a pink covered iPhone. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes and way too much make-up. She was pretty though; there was no doubting that.

“Oh my god.” She said, when she saw me. “Sorry, Babe. My roommate just arrived. Ew. Well I have to go… Yeah… See you… Love yooou.”

“Hi, I’m Kate.” I said, politely sticking out my hand.

“I’m Beatrice. Well, Bea to my friends, but you can’t call me that of course.” She said, looking me up and down, with a dirty look.

I wiped my sweaty hand on my sweats, after realising she wasn't going to shake my hand. “Oh Okay..” 

My heart sunk in my chest. Why was it everywhere I went I was met by people like her? They didn't have to rub it in that I was not pretty, not beautiful, not cool and never would be...

“That bed is yours.” She said, dismissively pointing towards the bed in the far corner. 

I walked over to my bed, putting my suitcase on the springy matress and started to unpack.

Eventually, I finished I fell back on my bed.

Great. I share rooms with a Barbie and miss my family.

Just my luck.

Well, as they say – Life is a bitch.

~~~~~~~

So Guys, Chapter 1.. What do you think?

Please, Vote, Comment and Fan :)

Love you,

Eden xxx