Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I followed Liam out of the building, watching his hair as it ruffled slightly in the wind. I had run my hands through that hair…

Suddenly, I walked into his back. He had stopped in front of a bench.  I sprung back when I realised I was smelling him. God, he smelled so amazing…

I blushed. “Uh, s-sorry.” I stuttered.

I looked up at Liam’s face and noticed he looked slightly flushed too. He quickly sat down, as if trying to win time. Suddenly, I realised; he looked nervous. Liam was never nervous when I knew him. Well, he’s defiantly not the guy I knew, he’s changed. The Liam I knew would never have dated a fake Barbie. Or come late to class. And defiantly, would never be nervous.

I felt Liam shuffle next to me. “Um, so… How are you?” came his lame conversation-starter.

I looked at him raising an eyebrow. Is that the best he could do? “Good, thanks. You?”

“Fine.. good, yeah.” He said, sounding slightly unsure.

An awkward silence fell over us.

“So…” I said. “What did you want to talk about.”

“Kate. I’ve missed you.” Liam started. My head snapped towards him, that was not the response I was expecting. He sounded urgent, desperate even.

I sighed. “I’ve missed you too, Liam. So much. God, I can’t stop thinking about you-”

I slapped my hand over my mouth, blushing crimson. I looked at Liam, hoping I hadn’t said to much. But he was smiling.

I dropped my hand from my mouth and looked down at my lap. “Sorry, that was a bit much…”

He chuckled. “Don’t worry about it, I wasn’t expecting that kind of answer though.”

I looked up and smiled.

Eventually, we grew more comfortable in each other’s presence. We talked about everything and anything.

We got up and went for a walk through the gardens. Suddenly, Liam grabbed my hand entwining our fingers.

He grinned at me, cheekily. “No one will know.”

That confused me, did he want people to know about us? Where we even anything? But the feeling of my hand clasped in his blew away all my worries.

We walked through the trees, down a little path. I wasn’t really concentration where we were going; I was only focusing on our entwined hands.

Eventually, we ended up on a bridge that stretched over a small stream. We stopped and gazed at each other. I smiled up at him, feeling so happy that I could burst.

Suddenly, he grew solemn. “I’ve missed your smile. And seeing you here; within reach. It just drives me crazy.”

I blushed again and looked down at my hands. I didn’t know what to say.

He put his finger under my chin and pulled my face up. “I’ve missed that blush too.”

My breath hitched in my throat and suddenly, there were a bunch of butterflies going wild in my stomach.

He leaned forward and brushed a piece of my hair out of my face. I stood up on my tiptoes, not knowing what to expect.

We were so close; I could feel his sweet breath on my face. His lips brushed mine and I wound my arms around his neck, knotting them in his hair. He put his hands on my waist pulling me in. The moment was perfect-

Riiiing

My eyes snapped open, and I saw Liam’s open wide. He pulled away quickly, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

“Hi Bea.” He said, breathing heavily.

Beatrice. Oh My God. What had I done? Kissed another girl’s boyfriend. Shit.

“Yeah, I’m coming. Bye.” Liam took his phone away from his ear and looked at me apologetically, looking slightly regretful at the same time.

I blushed. “Uh…”

“I have to go.” Liam said, pushing his phone back into his pocket.

I looked down, blushing harder. I was such an idiot. “Yeah.”

Suddenly, I was embraced in a tight hug, Liam’s chin resting on my head.

“I am so sorry. It was an accident. It didn’t mean anything, just forget it ever happened.” Liam said, breathing out shakily.

“Y-yeah.” I stuttered. But to me it meant everything and I was breaking inside. I couldn’t believe that for one moment I thought that he still loved me. I’m such a fool.

He pulled away. “I have to go.”

“Bye.” I mumbled, looking down.

“Bye, Kate. See you.” He sounded light hearted and happy; exactly the opposite of what I felt.

I stood alone on the bridge, watching his retreating figure run into the distance.

Oh Liam.

~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS!! A BIT OF LOVE AND CONFUSION IN HIS CHAPPIE ;) WHADDAYA THINK?

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO GRACIE32, BECAUSE SHE COMMENTED FIRST ON THE LAST CHAPTER :))) FIRST TO COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION :) 

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Eden xxxx