Its not your fault

This chapter is somewhat- idk how to put it...maybe a little brutal! sorry in advance!

--------

I was finally out of that hospital sitting in Taylor's lambo with Shawn, Jacob, and Matt.

Taylor was driving.

Matt was in the passengers seat and in the back it went me, shawn, and jacob.

I scooted away from shawn, rolling my eyes at him.

He is so difficult.

"Let's go back to my house." shawn said breaking the silence. All the boys agreed and I just sighed.

I could just talk to Aaliyah.

Shawn's hand moved around my waist and pulled me into him.

I groaned, not even trying to pull away cause he is too strong.

"Are you comin to Shawn's?" Jacob asked me.

I nodded, knowing shawn would flip if I didn't.

We soon got to Shawn's house.

Shawn grabbed my arm.

"We need to talk." he said.

The rest of the boys looked at each other and went inside.

I got out of the car as did he.

I leaned against the door and he sat on the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry." was all he said.

"You apologize everyday shawn. I don't know how I'm supposed to forgive you 24/7." I said, pissed.

"Listen, I love you so much, why can't you see that?" he said standing up.

I looked across the street and saw a few young kids playing kickball outside in their front yard.

"Because you treat me horribly!" I snapped back at him pushing his toned chest.

I kept looking back at the kids feeling uneasy, and I didn't know why.

"I know I am a horrible person but I don't know how to react about this , I don't know how to change myself!" he shouted back.

The kids started getting rowdy, like really crazy.

"Where are their parents?" I asked shawn pointing to them. I didn't know many people on my own street, just the Mendes fam.

"They are foster kids, only one older woman takes care of them why?" he asked.

"Nothing I'm concerned. No one is supervising them." I told him.

"Its not your concern. You have problems of your own." He told me.

"Yeah you're my problem." I told him sassily.

A little girl with braids kicked the ball across the street, a few houses down from us.

I went to go get it but shawn grabbed my arm.

"Stop I'm talking to you." he gritted his teeth.

I sighed.

All the kids ran across the street to get the ball.

"Be careful!" I yelled, my protective instinct kicking in.

They all giggled and ran around the street.

Shawn yanked me into him.

"Look at me when I talk to you." He yelled at me.

I flinched.

"Shut up. Your ego is huge Mendes." I snapped at him.

In the corner of my eye I saw a lambo speeding down the street.

The kids. Fuck.

I screamed at the top of my lungs and yelled at them to get out of the way.

Shawn quickly ran over and pushed 2 of the 3 out of the way.

As soon as the small girl was hit, we both burst out into tears.

The car sped away.

He ran over to her and picked her up.

I called 9-1-1

*minutes later*

I sat on his lawn with him crying into my shoulder.

"It's my fault- I could've grabbed her quicker and she wouldn't have got hit and-"

"Shawn it's not your fault. You did the best you could. She's gonna be okay." i reassured him, not knowing if the girl was.

Although the police found the hit and run driver, it knew shawn wishes she could've saved her.

"I am such a disappointment." he cried and I wrapped my arms around him.

"You're not. At all. You saved two lives, shawn. no one was supervising them, it isn't our fault." I sadly said.

"It could've been three." he said almost angrily getting up running inside and slamming his door. I frowned.

Leave it to me to fall in love with a bipolar kid.