PREPARATION

Chapter 17

"Hey babe, Good Morning! How's your sleep?".

Nicole just woke up and immediately grabbed the sandwich from my hand. She's that rude but that was fine because it was her hobby grabbing things from me.

"Magtatanghali na. Ang haba mong matulog mo." I said and take back my sandwich.

She stood there at ipinusod ang kanyang mahabang buhok.

"Siyempre late na akong nakatulog kagabi. And I want to rest my body. By the way I'm going to the mall later I'm really craving for chocolates kasi, ikaw may ipapabili ka ba?"

I need concealer and a lip balm. Dahil natapon yung concealer ko last time sa kakamadali kong mag-ayos ng sarili ko.

"Yeah. I actually need concealer and lip balm." Medyo mahina kong sabi.

Lumaki ang mga mata niya ng marinig niya ang mga sinabi ko and she smiled widely. "What is the meaning of this Katherine? Huh! Bakit parang magpapaganda ka ata?Is there something you should tell me?"

I sighed. Do I really need to explain myself to her? "It's because I want to look normal. Isn't that enough reason that I need those things?" I raised my eyebrows. I hoped she believe this, after all, I have a point. I have pale skin and I want to cover it up and feel beautiful.

"Hmm...Okay, I'll buy you na rin other makeup kind of stuff. I think you really need more if YOU REALLY WANT TO LOOK NORMAL." she quoted.

She turned her back from me and about to go to the kitchen but then stopped and slowly turned her head back.

"Katherine..." She paused a little and gave me a creepy smile. I know for sure she has something in her mind that is either nice or nasty.

"What?"

"I bet it is something, ALEXANDER? You two meeting up?

I did not respond.

"Hahaha. I know it."

"No you don't know it."

"I know it!" She shouted.

Bahala ka nga sa buhay mo, paniwalaan mo nalang kung anong gusto mong paniwalaan.

It's really good that Nicole is here because I have someone to talk to even though all she does is to tease me. It doesn't hurt me l, actually it makes me feel happy. On the second thought, she was right. I need to look normal for this day. Because I'm going to meet Alex tonight and I want to look nice.

From the day I've met Alex I've never been comfortable, his smile was always on my mind. His presence makes me feel safe and everything is just peaceful when he was around. When it was just me and him I felt something indescribable. The feeling that is strange, maybe...maybe it's the feeling of being in love or so I thought.

Tumunog ang aking cellphone. I picked it up and to my surprise it was him.

From: Pebbles

Good Day! Can't wait to see you later. I hoped you had an amazing sleep.

I texted back and said that I was okay despite that I am not. It was just a short conversation between me and him. 

I ate my sandwich and help Ate Linda do the chores. Pumunta ako ng basement upang dalhin doon ang ibang mga baga bagay na ginamit kagabi sa party. Kinuha ko na rin doon yung nakaligtaan kong vacuum cleaner nakaraan. I also checked other pieces of stuff there.

Pagkabalik ko ng sala nasa labas na ng bahay si Nicole  she was only facing the window for the last time. Dala ang vacuum cleaner ay umakyat na rin ako ng kwarto para doon naman maglinis. Pinulot ko na muna ang mga nakakalat na gamit sa sahig. This room has been messy last night.