recollection

Chapter 13

The beams of the lampost's lights reflect on the silvery sheet of the pond's surface. It's been half an hour since we got here.

I feel awkward to look at him once more, unsure of what to say and what to do. I could not even take a glance. My face is tomato red on what he did. Oh earth, please swallow me now. Kunin mo na ako at sagipin sa kahihiyang kinakaharap ko ngayon. If and only if, I did not stare and I was not lost and drown by his looks.

"Grabe ang lamig ngayong gabi no? Nakakaginaw?" I said. My gut tells me that I need to break the sudden silence between the two of us.

"Giniginaw ka ba? Gusto mo tumabi pa ako sa iyo?" Malumanay ngunit tila nanguudyok na sabi niya.

Hinarang ko kaagad ang aking dalawang kamay ng hindi pa rin nakatingin sa kanya. "Hindi, hindi na pala. Medyo okay na, baka ihip lang ng hangin. Haha!" Aligaga kong sabi upang pigilan siyang gawin ano ang naiisip niya.

Ano ba tong ginagawa ko? Hindi naman pupweding ganito nalang kami hanggang sa pag-uwi.

I tried to pull out all the left courage in me to face him. He was wearing his sexy and seductive smile, it was like his attention was only locked on me like magnets. Iniwas kong muli ang aking tingin sa kanya. I could not even look at him for long.

He laughed abruptly.

What am I doing? It gets more awkward.

I faced him and stared into the distance. "Ahh..." I sighed and stretched my hands outward. " I feel so awkward right now Alex and I hate this feeling... I mean could we just forget and move on." I uttered in a low voice

"I feel the same way too. Haha! I'm sorry. He replied, shook his head and stared in the calm pond. "What's your favorite thing in this place?" He tries to sound jolly.

"Oh geez. Thanks for asking." I exclaimed. It's like my nervousness falls away. "This place has been my first..." I said.

"Wait, your first?" He asked like he was teasing me. He doesn't even let me finish my sentence.

"IM NOT FINISHED TALKING ALEX, LET ME TALK FIRST." I said in an orotund voice.

"Okay, okay sorry!" Putting a cool grin on his face.

"What I mean my first is that this place is the first place I spent my night when I was still a kid. Simula kasi noong pinayagan na ako ng nanay ko na lumabas na ng bahay tuwing gabi ay ito ang naging tambayan ko. I used to read books here and do my assignment, sometimes have myself a little moonlight picnic and have some fun."

"Why here? There are lot of places. You could even play with the kids on the playground, talk with them and make friends. I mean you could have at least someone to share with all your nights in this pond and someone that could be your partner in crime just like the usual kid." He puts his hands on his pockets and leans his head on his arms.

"I have thought about it. But I have a different story Alex," I paused and gasp for air as if I was drowned on what I was going to tell him. "Back in the place where I was born, kids there used to bully me, cursing me and telling me words that is hard to take just because I'm different. They stay away from me and no one wants to make friends." He looked at me and our eyes met but, I broke it off. "When we moved here I expect things would be different, but it turns out the same. I was bullied again..." I wish I was brave enough to tell him the reason for all of this bullying but I am afraid he will stay away also.

"I wish I have met you before, so I have fought all those bullies. Girls like you don't deserve all this hate. Its such a big pain in the ass if they see how this bullied girl turns out to be a beautiful lady... But why do they bully you? "