Old buddy

Chapter 15

A black van stopped in front of the house. Agad silang pinagbuksan ng tarangkahan ni ate Linda.

The car came to a stop when it reached the garage.

Iniluwa ng sasakyan ang dalawang babae. Isang nasa edad 40 anyos na babae wearing a Gucci silk floral dress, holding a color brown Prada Ouvertur large leather bag, the brands' name is screaming as she tilted a little. From her looks and her outfit she did not change, she was still my aunt who was fascinated on high-end products.

"Still the same house from the last time I visited. The same feeling I always have...quite a home." ani Tita Angelica at muling nilinga ang kanyang paningin sa paligid ng bahay.

Beside her is my cousin Nicole. Unlike her mother, she has a different taste in fashion. She prefers simple. She was wearing a black cropped pants, a white shirt, and black sneakers. She was all smiles as she stepped out of the van. Face full of glow.

My mom approaches them. I followed her.

"Angelica..." said mom. Both the two of them gave each other a warm hug.

"How have you been my sister? I have missed you so much." replied by Aunt Nicole. Even her voice is shouting elegance.

I look at Nicole, she spread her arms wide, waiting for me to also gave her a hug.

"I couldn't hide the excitement ever since I heard that we are going here. I missed you a lot, Kathy!" She embraced me so tight. Too tight actually.

I am excited and glad to see them but I feel a little awkward, like there is a gap in between.

Ilang taon na rin ang nakalipas noong huli bisita ni Nicole. Ayaw kong mag feeling close sa kanya dahil baka ma-offend lamang siya.

I was thinking of the possibility na baka nagbago na siya. It basically happens in the novels I read. O baka nag-iilusyon na naman ako at masyadong nadadala sa mga kwentong nababasa ko.

But despite all things that I am thinking, I also hugged her back.

"I can't believe this is happening right now. I mean...there's a lot of thing going on lately and to see you right now is refreshing and a blessing...You've grown so beautiful." She stroked my hair.

"Namiss din kita ng sobra Nicole. You are as gorgeous as always." I smiled back at her. Trying not to act awkward.

"Nicole is right about you, Kathy. You're like a diamond worth all the care in the world. You have grown so pretty our little warrior" Tita Nicole reached out my hand and also gave me a hug. She softly caressed my hair.

"Welcome back to our house Tita... I am so glad to see you again. Your beauty does not fade, still incomparable." I said.

"Aw. You're too sweet hija. Alam mo naman yan, beauty is in our blood. Look at yourself darling, you resemble your mother's face when she was at your age." Then she looks at my mother rolling her eyes in Tita Nicole. I bet she was flattered.

"You know maybe you're tired, Angelica. Let's get inside. Come on you two." Said by mom at iginiya niya na si Tita papasok sa loob ng bahay.

"Ikaw na bahala sa driver Nicole. Ipapasok mo na rin ang gamit natin sa loob."

Now that the two is inside the house, it was just me and Nicole left. The feeling comes back.