conversation

Chapter 19

Alex parked his car and I got off. He kissed me on my forehead before leaving.

I stayed for a couple of minutes watching his cars as they get blurry in my sight.

My smile reached the sky as I go inside the house. Is this how dating feels like? It feels like one of my longest nights. And the kiss, the first time it felt so different and intimate. I can't stop thinking how soft his lips are as they gently touched mine.

I was surprised when Nicole suddenly appeared in front of me.

"So, how was your date the beautiful woman on earth tonight?"  Nicole asked excitedly.

"The best date ever. Teka bakit gising ka pa?"

"Aw! I'm so happy for you Kathy!" Nicole hugged me tightly. "I took care of your mom and ate Linda. I told them I will wait for you."

"Thank You!" I hugged her.

"I'll let you go first. Go up to your room and change your dress. I'll make our milk first and we'll talk about what happened tonight okay!"

"Okay!'

Umakyat na ako papunta ng kwarto ko at nagbihis ng damit pantulog. Humarap ako sa salamin at tinitigang mabuti ang aking sarili.I touched my lips and stare at it for a while as I savor again the memories that happened a while ago.

Bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Nicole dala-dala ang dalawang baso ng gatas. Kinuha ko ang isa at agad na lumagok ng kaunti.

"Now tell me, honey. What happened?"

"I think I'm in love." Seryoso kong pag-amin kay Nicole. I did not hesitate to tell her what I feel. I'm still not sure this is what it is. In spite of my inexperience in this subject, I read so many novels that I could tell maybe this is what falling in love is.

"I only asked you what happened? Now you're telling me that you're in love with him, with pebbles?"

"Yes if falling in love means this like I'm happy to be with him, I'm excited to meet him, I'm addicted to his presence and attention. I can't even have a day without thinking of him."

"Oh, Mac and Cheese Chicken Mozarella. You are really in love my dear cousin." 

Bahagya akong nangiti. Totoo nga kayang hindi ko nalang siya basta gusto lang.

"I won't miss this night without you telling me what really happened. I mean come on girl tell me what happened sa date niyo ni Mr. Pebbles." Niyugyog na ni Nicole ang aking balikat sa pangungulit na ikuwento sa kanya ang nangyari.

I want to keep it for myself maybe it's better to share it somehow. Baka mamatay ako nito kakatili nang mag-isa.

"So this is what happened. He takes me to a concert first. The very first concert that I have attended."

"Aw. That's so romantic and sweet. But girl, you're exposed to lights in there plus that it was too crowded. How did you even?"

"He let me borrowed his hoodies before we get inside kasi nga baka madumihan daw ako and I already applied a cream before I left in case you forgot that I did."

"So did you enjoy it?"

"From the scale of one to ten...it was eleven. It was a music festival with all my favorite artists. That's why I told you it was the best date ever. I mean it's literally a dream come true you know. Just don't ever tell that to mom because she'll be freaking mad at me."