Chapter 19: Back Together

Thursday September 20 @ 9:28 pm
Geneva, Switzerland

Jalissa Simone

Walking through the airport with my luggage, i wore a sundress with a pair of heels and a coat to match

Walking through the airport with my luggage, i wore a sundress with a pair of heels and a coat to match. I was currently in Switzerland and a bit confused on why i was here.

Jaimee told me that i needed a break from everything that's been going on, and that her and Jada paid for this trip for me. But knowing them, it must be a reason for this because i recently got back from Trinidad. I mean it was a business trip but it was something.

I sat in the arrival area and waited for my ride. Stuck in my owm thoughts, i recited exactly what Jaimee told me before i left Atlanta 10 hours ago.

"We're doing this because we love you. I don't like the fact that we are happy, and you're not. It's not fair." Jaimee looked at me.

We sat in her car infront of the airport since i only have a few more minutes until i board the plane.

"So for that, we paid for you to go to Switzerland for 2 weeks, all expense on us."

"What about my fiancé?"

"Sis don't worry. We got everything under control." Jaimee gently touched my shoulder. "We'll handle him. Just please stop worrying about what's happening back home. Don't call us either. Just trust us okay?"

"Alright." i sighed.

"When you get there, your driver will pick you up, and take you to where you're gonna stay for the two weeks. There's food there and alot of comfort. Please enjoy yourself. Promise us."

"... I promise."

"Thank you."

We shared a hug before i had to leave.

"Mrs. Simone?"

"Trail." i corrected him.

"Excuse me?"

"It's Simone-Trail. Jaimee sent you?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm Peréz, and I'll be your chauffeur for the rest of your stay."

"Fancy." i mumbled and walked away.

He picked up my luggage and we made our way to the black Camry he drove. Once i got in, he drove off. I hoped where ever i was going, was peaceful because i haven't had much peace since my husband died.

It's been almost 16 years since his death and though i was still coping, things haven't gotten much better with me. I was still living in my past and i was thankful that my fiancé understood. I wasn't 100% ready to get married but it is what it is.

My kids are already grown up and while they were now in their beautiful job and in highschool, it was me, Zack and my fiancé. Clair would call me whenever she can and that was the only happiness i would receive.