Chapter 11: Just Best Friends

Natalia

Looking around my apartment for the last time, i locked up and left the building after returning the keys. Memories was all it was. Both good and bad. I couldn't stay there knowing I'd be sulking all the time. Slowly I'm coping but i haven't got over her. I've shut down my business temporarily just to make time for myself and get to know me better as my mom would say. The methods she recommended was amazing and they seem to work.

She recommended eating healthy, meditating every morning, praying, jogging before dawn, reading and socializing. She would send me encouraging words every morning and it always put a smile on my face.

I wouldn't be going back to work until September which was a few weeks from now and even then, people were still making appointments even though i have shut it down. So i knew once i go back, it's never ending work which I'm okay with.

As of now, i was pulling up in the garage of my new home. I had bought it a month ago and was happy i did because i had to recreate new memories of my own.

It was a 3 bedroom home with a nice kitchen, backyard, 3 bathrooms, living room and dining area. I've already met my neighbours and while one of them was selfish, the other was kinda like me.

Putting up my groceries, i plopped down on the couch and turn the tv on. Just then, i got an instagram notification on my phone.

Looking at it, i was almost sure i unfollowed and blocked Martinique. She had posted a new story so i went ahead and watched it.

It was photos and videos of her partying with someone. I couldn't see the person's face. Then there was one where she was drunk and i knew from the laughing, that it was a male.

I ended up having to delete my account and start again. I did the process of blocking her and left it at that. As i was about to get some sleep, my doorbell rang and when i went to see who it was, it was Christian.

 As i was about to get some sleep, my doorbell rang and when i went to see who it was, it was Christian

"Hey."

"Hi." i mumbled.

"You look tired." he kissed my cheek before entering and i closed the door.

"I am. I was just about to take a nap. What are you doing here?"

"I have work to do." he plopped down on the couch and sighed.

"What happen to your home?"

"I like yours better. And you always have food."

"You're always eating my food whenever you come over."

"What can i say? My betsfriend knows how to throw down." he spoke while typing on his computer.

"Aite stop. Just... Stop. You're too white for that." i shook my head. He was always trying these slangs thinking it'll make him look cool and fit in more with the black community.