Chapter 13: New Life

Pulling up in her range rover, Jalissa switched her vehicle off before sighing.

"What's wrong?" Jada ask.

"I feel bad for Jaimee... Look at her." she spoke as they both looked through the window at Jaimee, who was leaning on her car.

Jaimee wore her usual everyday fit. Jeans, top, knee highs to match and jacket if needed. She toyed with her phone as if she was contemplting something. She didn't look happy at all and her sisters could see right through her and the slight pout she wore.

"Damn." Jada mumbled.

As they exit the vehicle, Jalissa locked up and they made their way towards Jaimee.

"Hey." the spoke in unison.

"Hey." Jaimee spoke slightly above a whisper.

The three stood there and looked at the house they once grew up in. Memories, hurt, sadness, joy; it was where it all started. Without wasting any further time, they made their way towards the house.

Today being Saturday, Jalissa thought it would be a good idea for them to finally see their parents, their mother especially. Late lastnight, Jalissa felt bad about not seeing her mother, knowing her condition. She spoke to Jada and she was feeling the same way about the situation as well.

Upon entering the house, it was quiet until they made their way into the family room; where they saw their parents watching tv. Looking at their mother, she was laying in her husbands arms looking pale and lifeless.

Sooner, their presence was felt by their parents, causing Jocelyn face to light up at the sight of her daughters. They took a seat in the sofa, looking over at their ill mother.

"Before you say anything, i want to apologize to Jaimee. What i said a few years back, shouldn't have come from the mouth of a mother. I admit that i was jealous and i was wrong. Please accept my apology." she fold her lips.

Jaimee however, was looking at her mother the same way she looked at her sisters earlier, with her hand at her jaw.

"Uhmm... I-Im sure she accept your apology, she's just not in the mood right now." Jalissa said, just to ease the tension. "How are you mom?"

"I'm gre-"

"She's not doing great. Don't let her fool you."

"What do you mean she's not doing great?" Jada ask.

"The doctor gave her six weeks to live. Her doctor bill is high, and without her medication.... she's not gonna be with us anymore soon."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"We could have helped dad." Jada said.

"Well you guys are influenced by each other. It wouldn't make any sense. And we tried calling you girls alot over the years but since we can't communicate anymore, and y'all moved, we gave up."

"That's no excuse, you knew where we work." Jalissa said and he sighed.

"What do you mean we're influenced by each other?" Jada ask.

"I meant, if you're upset with us, Jalissa and Jaimee is also gonna be upset with us and vice versa. Y'all been doing that eversince."

It got quiet for a few minutes until Jaimee finally spoke.

"I want to see the hospital bills and what kind of medication she needs."

Malcom got up and walk over to the table for the papers. Handing them to Jaimee, she read over them. Jocelyns doctor bill came up to 2.3 million dollars over the years, minus $70,875.20 down payment they made. And that was two years ago. Her medical bill however cost $20,600 for all the medication she needs.