Meeting For The First Time

After dating over the Internet for almost a year, my boyfriend, Mikey, and I were finally meeting face to face.

We've been texting all day. We were both incredibly jittery to be with each other. Mikey lives in California but he was flying to New York, where I live, for an event called Pressplay. He's been here before but it was over 3 years ago and we didn't know each other then. We met over YouTube and started talking through Twitter. We constantly Skype, text, etc. Mikey's flight was getting in at 3:20pm and the current time is 3:00pm. "20 Minutes" I said to myself.

After 20 long minutes, I ran to the gate. Mikey texted me and told me he was almost at the gate. I started panicking. I began walking further from the gate, trying to calm myself down. "What if I'm not what he expected? What if he doesn't find me pretty in person? What if-" my thoughts were cut off by someone grabbing my shoulder and spinning me around. The force then immediately picked me up off the floor. I instantly knew what was happening. It was Mikey. He was holding me in his arms. I was finally hugging the love of my life.

After one of the longest hugs of my life, Mikey put me down but kept his hands around my hips. He stared into my eyes. "I can't believe how beautiful and... and... three dimensional you are" he laughed. I was speechless. All I could do was grab his face and kiss him, kiss those beautiful lips I've dreamt about every night. And they were everything I expected; warm, soft, and perfect. We hugged once again for what felt like a half hour (but probably was longer). He picked up his stuff and we walked out of the airport, hand in hand, for the first time. Together.