Broken

I began the walk to my boyfriend's house while listening to Fifth Harmony's new album.

It was a sunny day and the temperature was 72 degrees, not very common for a spring day in New York, so I decided to walk.

Even though he lives almost a mile away, I was in the mood to get some exercise (and that doesn't happen often).

He didn't know I was coming so I was extremely excited to surprise him.

When I approached his door, I tried just walking in but it was locked. I knocked three times then stepped back to wait.

I heard a two pairs of footsteps coming down the stairs and some whispering. I was confused but I just stayed put.

I smiled when I saw my shirtless boyfriend, Matt, standing in the door frame as the door swung open. But that smile quickly faded as I saw a half naked girl standing behind him.

"Y/N..." he started to say as tears formed in my eyes. "This isn't what it looks like..."

"It's exactly what it looks like!" I yelled.

"I'm so sorry..." he said, getting a bit teary eyed himself. "I shouldn't have... I wasn't thinking about..." he couldn't seem to find the right words to explain himself.

At this point, I really just wanted to leave.

"Screw you!" I yelled, flipping him off.
I ran down his front steps and made my way back home. Only, I was going to make a stop at my best friend's house on my way.

My best friend, Mikey, lives 2 blocks down from me. He moved here in second grade and ever since then, we've been best friends.

When I finally reached his house, my eyes were red and my cheeks were stained with tears. I rapidly knocked on the door, waiting for him to answer.

When he did, I jumped into his arms and cried into his shoulder.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" he said, rubbing my back to calm me down.

I just cried louder in response because I really couldn't find the words to explain.

He sat down on the couch so that I was in his lap. "Look at me" he said, nudging my head so I would lift it up.

When I did, he stared into my eyes, instantly understanding what happened.

"He broke you, didn't he?" he said.
I nodded in response and he shook his head.

"That piece of shit!" he exclaimed. I smiled at his reaction.

"It's okay, Mikey. I guess it's a good thing I caught him cheating. Otherwise I would've been dating him for who knows how long without knowing what he did!" I responded, wiping away my tears. He smiled.

"I'm glad this happened too." he said, still smiling. I gave him a confused expression as if to say 'why'.

"Because now I can do this" he said before locking his lips onto mine. The kiss lasted no longer than 10 seconds before I pulled away. He shifted awkwardly when I did, thinking I didn't enjoy it.

"I'm sorry. It's not that I didn't enjoy the kiss because, believe me, I did." I began. "I pulled away because I'm just so shocked that I didn't realize before how completely in love with you I am. I used to have crushes on you when we were little but I thought those feelings faded when I started dating Matt. Turns out, I was just too distracted to realize what I really wanted. And that's you."

I connected my lips with his again. He pulled away this time and smiled at me.

"I'm so lucky you're mine now" he said, smiling at me.

"Right back at you" I responded.

-------------

OH MY GOSH IM SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE A MONTH IM SORRY BABES IVE MISSED YOU. SINCE I LAST UPDATED, WE REACHED 16.8K READS AND THATS INSANE I LOVE YOU.

HERE IS A LONGISH IMAGINE (MY EFFORT TO APOLOGIZE) BECAUSE ILY ALL.

IM SORRY IF THE ENDING SEEMS A BIT RUSHED.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ONE

-Melissa