3000 Miles Away

It's been 2 weeks but it feels like 2 years. My boyfriend Mikey flew to California to shoot a short film. The problem is that I'm on the other side of the country, in New York. His trip is 5 weeks long and I don't know how I'm going to survive. I can't believe I made it this far without seeing him. The longest we've gone without seeing each other is 3 days so this is hard.

I can't stop listening to 3000 Miles by Emblem3 because I can relate to it so much. I don't think the distance would be so hard if we had time to Skype or FaceTime. But, Mikey barely even has time to text and when he does, it's usually just to say a quick hello or good morning/night.

I really hope he'll make up for this when he gets home. But for now, I'm sitting in Carvel eating my weight in ice cream.

*20 minutes later*
I'm on my 3rd ice cream cone when my phone rings. I pick it up and see its Mikey calling. FINALLY. I answer with "Hello?" and I can practically hear him smiling through the phone.

"God, I've missed your voice, babe" he says. Then, all at once, I started crying. "Baby I miss you too much" I said, tears streaming down my face. "I've missed you more. That's why I called. I have a surprise for you!" he stated. "Well, what is it?" I asked, extremely curious. "Turn around, beautiful" I hear him say.

I slowly turn around and face the huge window. Outside of the window, I see my beautiful boyfriend with the biggest smile on his face. I practically leap out of my seat and run through the door. He's standing there with open arms and I jump into them.

This is home. This is where I belong.

"Why are you here, aren't you supposed to be filming in California?" I asked, taking in his scent. "I knew I would have a few days off from filming but I didn't tell you so that I could surprise you" he said, hugging me tighter. "How did you know I'd be here?" I asked him. He laughed and put me down. Then he grabbed my cheek and stared into my eyes. "Babe," he began. "Carvel is your favorite place in the world. You're here almost every day. I'd be a bad boyfriend if I didn't know you were here. Oh, and you tweeted earlier about being here." I smiled and stared back into his eyes as he lowered his head and connected his soft lips to mine.

I put my arms around his neck and pulled him in closer. Once the kiss was over, he grabbed my hand. "Now, I need some ice cream. 6 hours is a long time to be sitting on a plane." he said. I laughed and nodded, leading him inside.

--------------------------------

A little bit of a longer imagine since I don't post that often and you guys deserve it. By the way, thank you all for 3.5k reads! That's insane!!! Don't forget to vote and leave requests. I love you guys -Melissa