First Kiss

My boyfriend Mikey and I have been dating for 3 months. Besides all of the kisses he's placed on my cheek and head, we haven't had our first real kiss yet. Tonight, Mikey invited me to dinner at a five-star restaurant. I'm praying that the kiss happens tonight.

He picked me up in an Uber at 6:30 and we just laughed and goofed around in the 10 minute car ride. When we got there, he ran out of the Uber to open my door. After I stepped out he payed the driver, grabbed my hand, and walked me inside. Once we got to our table, he didn't stop looking at me. And once I caught him, he nervously smiled and looked away. I had no idea why he was acting so shy. I'm socially awkward but he's usually not. After we finished eating, the Uber came to pick us up. We got stuck in traffic so we had about 25 minutes in the car. In those 25 minutes, we played road trip games and 20 questions.

When we arrived back at my house, he walked me up the steps. "I had a great time tonight" he said, nervously scratching his head. "Yeah, me too" I replied. He smiled, "See ya later. I love you." "I love you too" I smiled back. Right as I turned around to open the door, Mikey spun me around and crashed his lips onto mine. It surprised me, but I kissed back. He pulled away and gave me that incredibly beautiful smile of his. "I've been waiting to do that" he says. I smiled and kissed him again. "Goodnight" I said. "Sleep tight" he says and walks down the steps. After getting inside, I close the door and stand against it, sliding down as I replay what just happened over and over in my head. In that moment, I realized that he's the one.