Fire Alarm

Ding Ding Ding

What the hell? What is that?

Ding Ding Ding

I check my phone, it's 4am.

Ding Ding Ding

Gaining consciousness, I realize it's the fire alarm.

"Really?" I say out loud.

I walk into (Y/F/N)'s room and wake her up. She's a heavy sleeper and could probably sleep through a hurricane.

Ding Ding Ding

"The fire alarm is going off. We have to evacuate." I inform her.

She groans and rolls over.

"You leave me with no choice" I say.

Ding Ding Ding

I grab a pillow from under her head and continuously hit her with it three times before she sat up.

"You're so annoying." she says.

"Sorry. Next time I'll just let you burn to death in a fire" I reply, sarcastically.
She rolls her eyes and stands up.

Ding Ding Ding

We both slowly approach the door to our apartment, clearly still tired. Once out the door, we take the flight of stairs to our left and walk down two floors until we're at ground level.

Ding Ding Ding

The emergency door is already open by the time we get down there.

There's a crowd of people moving fast out the door and beyond it. We're all headed two blocks away to the gas station, our planned evacuation meeting point.

Our entire apartment building has fire drills every two months to prepare for emergencies. However, this isn't another drill. Our last one was two weeks ago so we wouldn't have another one now unless they're trying to make us think it was a real emergency.

Once we get to the gas station, we all stand close together because it's a cold October night in Minnesota. Many people are making conversation with one another.

(Y/F/N) and I are talking until she tells me she's going to head inside the gas station to try to find a little something to eat.

I watch her walk away and as I turn back around, I see an extremely good looking guy standing alone about two feet away. He's just in sweatpants. He was clearly too afraid to put clothes on before rushing out of his apartment when he heard the alarm.

He looks about my age, maybe even older. Brown hair, glasses, adorable smile. I should go talk to him.

As I begin walking the few steps towards him and he looks at me.

"Hi there" I say

"Hello" he says, awkwardly.

"I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you." I hold my hand out. He shakes it.

"I'm Mikey."

"I don't recall ever seeing you around the apartment building before."

"I just moved in a few days ago from New Jersey. I'm in apartment 32C"

"No way! I'm in apartment 30C, right down the hall!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! So what brings you to Minnesota?"

"I'm going to film school a few miles from here."

Film nerd; adorable!

"Awesome! I'm actually going to the community college a couple blocks from here. It's a great commute!"

"I bet!"

(Y/F/N) comes back with a muffin and a cup of coffee.

"Who's this?" she says.

"Oh, um, (Y/F/N) this is Mikey. Mikey this is (Y/F/N)." I say.

They shake hands.

"Nice to meet you" Mikey says.

"You too." (Y/F/N) responds.

They begin a conversation as I admire his features.

I'm trying to determine his eye color when he locks eyes with me and smiles. I smile and look down, embarrassed that he caught me staring.

"Attention everyone!" the building advisor calls out.

"It was a false alarm! Someone pulled the fire alarm as a prank. There was no real fire and we already caught the guy who did it. You may all head back to your apartments."

I was walking slowly towards the building with (Y/F/N) and Mikey in front of me.

"Hey, want a piggyback ride?" Mikey asks, turning around to me.

"Sure, why not?" I respond and hop on his back.

He carries me the rest of the way there. I offer to get off when we got to the stairs but he insisted on carrying me the entire way.

Once we got to our apartment, Mikey put me down. (Y/F/N) just walked straight inside and closed the door.

"I'd love to get to know you better, (Y/N)" Mikey says.

"And I'd love to get to know you better." I respond.

"How about we go somewhere for lunch tomorrow?" he offers.

"I'd love that." I say, smiling.

"Here," he says, handing me his phone. "Put your number in so we can figure something out."

I do as he says and hand his phone back to him.

"I'll see you later, (Y/N)" he says, walking away.

I watch him leave before walking into my apartment and closing the door.

This is the start of something wonderful.

----------------

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S BEEN ALMOST 4 MONTHS SINCE WE'VE LAST SPOKEN I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN SO UNINSPIRED LATELY BUT I THOUGHT OF THIS AND HAD TO TURN IT INTO AN IMAGINE WHY AM I IN CAPS I DON'T KNOW

I truly missed you all and I will try my best to update more often. I hope you enjoy this one. Love youu

-Melissa