Spring Break

I woke up to the dreadful sound of my alarm clock. I turned it off and rolled out of bed.

I managed to get ready just in time. As soon as I was ready, my boyfriend, Mikey knocked on the door.

He drives to my house every morning, we walk to school and back together, then he leaves whenever.

I walked out the door as I said goodbye to my mom and shut it behind me. Mikey grabbed my hand and we started our walk.

When we arrived at school, we went our separate ways because our lockers were on opposite sides of the school.

I headed to my first class as soon as possible because I strongly dislike standing around in the hallway.

The day seemed to drag on. I just wanted it to be over because, when it was, spring break could start.

I met Mikey at his locker when I was done at mine and we walked out together.

"Finally!" he shouted as we walked hand in hand out of the school doors.

"Now, we have 9 days to do whatever we want." I said, smiling.

"And we don't have to worry about waking up super early." Mikey responded.

We walked down the front steps and began the walk to my house.

"You know..." He began. "This is our first of many spring breaks together. Let's make it memorable!"

With that, he started running faster in the direction of my house, pulling me along. I decided not to question him and just run with him.

When we got to my house, he let go of my hand and jumped into his car. I got right into the passenger's seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked, tossing my bag into the backseat.

"Don't worry about it. Just relax." he responded.

He started the engine and we were off.

I only knew where we were for about 10 minutes. After that, it was all new to me.

"How much longer until we get there?" I asked, about 20 minutes into the drive.

"About an hour." he responded, keeping his eyes on the road.

I decided to play Subway Surfers to pass the time.

Before I knew it, we arrived at a big open field. Mikey parked the car and got out and I did the same. He met me at the front of the car and grabbed my hand, guiding me along.

"Mikey what are we doi-"

"Just relax, Y/N." he said, cutting me off. I did as I was told.

We walked at an average, steady pace, taking in the beauty of it all. It was so peaceful and calm.

After about 10 minutes of walking in silence, we laid down. My head was right next to his as we looked up at the sky. The moment couldn't have been more perfect - or so I thought.

Mikey got up then stood over me, holding his hand out. I grabbed it and stood up with him.

"Now for the real surprise" he said, eagerly.

He began running with my hand in his. I had no idea where we were going.

"Okay now take this." he said, pulling a blindfold out of his pocket. "And put it over your eyes."

I hesitantly took it and did as he said. I trusted him.

He then grabbed my hand and slowly pulled me along. After about 10 minutes of me repeatedly asking 'are we there yet?' and 'where are we going?', Mikey instructed me to take the blindfold off.

I did and as soon as my eyes adjusted, I saw a huge banner that had the word "Prom?" written across it. There were flower petals everywhere and when I looked at Mikey, he was smiling.

"Mikey this is... breathtaking" I said.

He smiled at me. "So, will you?"

"Of course!" I said, with the biggest smile on my face.

He picked me up and spun me around. When he put me down he looked me right in the eyes.

"I love you, princess" he said.

"I love you more." I responded.

---------------------

SHOUTOUT TO YOU ALL FOR 24K+ READS WHAT

I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG BUT I'M BACK NOW BC SPRING BREAK AND I THOUGHT OF THIS.

IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE BUT SHHHH

ILY ALL THANK YOU FOR BEING AMAZING <3333

-Melissa