4. So Hood

Notes: This song goes well to this chapter even though I don't like DJ Khalid's music

Labor Day Weekend (Kaylin)
I'm in the laundry room washing my clothes like I do on Saturdays. A couple of days ago, Rico invited me to the house party at Kevin's cousin house talking about its will be hoes around and all that shit. So me and Hope asked can we go to the party and they both said yes don't be at home too late just have our asses home before 11pm.

Aunt Ro don't play whens it's comes to coming home later than she expected. She would have a belt prepared to whoop our black ass when any of us get home. Me personally, I rather get cussed out than getting my ass whooped. I felt my phone vibrating and it's was Danny.

Phone Convo
Danny: Sup Kay what you doing?
Kaylin: I'm washing clothes now, So you still going to that bullshit party that he forced us to go?
Danny: Yeah but for an hour only after that, I'm leaving why?
Kaylin: You know how my aunt is right?
Danny: Yeah that lady don't play when it's comes to passing a curfew.
Kaylin:I need a favor man.
Danny: What is it?
Kaylin: I need you to bring me and Hope back here before 11pm
Danny: No problem man, Where's Hope?
Kaylin: Shopping with her friends.
Danny: Alright, I got to get going, I'm cleaning up the house.
Kaylin: Alright, take care
Phone Convo over

Danny

What's up y'all, my name is Danny Rodriguez

What's up y'all, my name is Danny Rodriguez. I'm 17 years old and in senior at West Charlotte High School. I originally from Bronx, NY but spend half of my childhood at California. Me and my parents used to travel around the world a lot even though they from Puerto Rico but stopped when we moved to Charlotte which is at the middle of 8th grade.

The reason they stopped because they thought it's would be stressful for me. To be honest, I don't mind travel around the world to learn another culture especially South Africa. Now, I'm sweeping up floors while "Ven (Come Dance It)" by Angel playing on Pandora.

When I'm done cleaning up the house, I look at the time and it's 3pm now. I got plenty of time to go to that house party at Rico's cousin house which is I barely go anyways. Whenever I do, I only be there for an hour or 2. I take Kaylin and Hope home because they can't stay out that late so they'll leave at the same time as I leave.

An hour later (Kaylin)
I'm in the bathroom taking a shower, shaved my face and got out went to my room and put on one of the outfit that hasn't worn yet.
Kaylin's outfit for the house party