A Surprise

Lisa is busy—busier than ever today. She planned the surprise for Jennie since 2 weeks ago.

Heart racing, body trembling. 

She's worried if this event will fail.

Well, the reason why she's so worried is that she will ask her to become her girlfriend. She will ask Jennie for the first time. Even though they already acted like a couple but neither one of them never once mentioned they are a couple.

Lisa thinks maybe this is the right time to finally ask her. It's now or never, she thought.

She opened a small jewelry box only to check what's inside it—a pair of Cartier couple rings sparkled in the light. She bought it yesterday; it was expensive though.

Lisa glancing at her watch then she looks around—it's perfect.

The table is all set up, the decoration and the candles; the night scenery that Lisa likes accompanying her. She booked the whole rooftop place near Jennie's apartment just for this event. It will be a hundred percent complete if Jennie already here.

She took her phone and texted Jennie. Soon the latter answered and not too long, the door is slowly open as it reveals slowly the person behind it.

A small beautiful woman appeared—wearing a black midi dress.

It is the first time Lisa saw the dark side from Jennie's fashion; it looks hot on her. Lisa admits.

The dress really pulled a new side of Jennie that Lisa never expected before—looks more mature.

Lisa smiled so warmly to the latter that she replied right after; showing all the gummy smile that Lisa likes the most.

Lisa pulls Jennie closer to peck her on lips, "Hey" She greets the latter.

Jennie smiles in between kisses, "Hi" She said; cupping her face to pulls Lisa for another kiss.

"You look different—good different" Lisa compliment the latter.

"Thank you," she said.

"Please" Lisa escorts her girl to sit.

"What a gentlewoman I have here"

Lisa giggles.

Jennie is trying to see things that surround her, her mouth curved a "wow" without a sound—Lisa knows it, she observes the latter a lot.

She couldn't even take her eyes off of her.

"This is... I mean.. This is the first time you planned this kind of thing, right Lisa?"Jennie asked, looking at the latter.

Lisa nods, "Mhm"

"This is not you at all but I am not complaining. Look at all of this!"

"You are worth it, Jen. I want you to feel special tonight"

Jennie smiled as she caresses Lisa's hand, "But every day is so special when you're around me"

Smooth Jennie.

Lisa smiling cheek to cheek after hearing the latter's words.

The waitress came and bring them fancy foods and wine. Jennie nods, she knew Lisa has done some research—even her favorite wine.

"How do you know about this?" Jennie asked as she pointed out the bottle of wine.

Lisa is looking very proud of herself as she patted her chest, "I saw it on your office rack so I assume you like that wine"

Jennie pinches her cheek, "Observant"

"I am, miss. I am"

The waitress is pouring the wine to their glass; Jennie sips it, she focuses on testing the taste of the wine.

"Wow"

Lisa nods in agreement, "Yea right"

"Thank you, Lis"

 "You are very welcome, princess"

There is not much talking when they're eating. Jennie is smiling through the dinner and it showed—Lisa is hoping that she could see another reaction from Jennie later.

The latter doesn't have any idea.

--

"I had a great dinner tonight," Jennie said.

Lisa smiled, "Me too. But this is not all, Jennie"

Jennie knitted her brows, "There is another?" She said, her tone is rising.

Lisa nods, "Yup" She said as she turns her head to other directions; she gave someone behind a signal as she waves her hand.

She turns her head back to look at the latter; the slow music is starting to play, "Shall we dance?" She asked Jennie gently; extending her hand to Jennie.

Jennie smiles as she accepts Lisa's hand and nods.

So they both are dancing; slow dance to the music. Lisa vividly remembers those steps her brother once taught her when she was a kid.

As they keep dancing, Jennie's hands squeezed Lisa's shoulders; eyes gluing, smile plastered on both faces.

"You're so good in dancing"

"I have ever told you that I dance"

Jennie giggles, "This is how you dance? Slow dance?"

"This only one of the others. The simplest one"

"Well, then I'd like to see more..." Jennie whispered to her ears.

"Do you want me to?"

Jennie nods, "Yes. I really want you to"

"Okay, maybe later I will show you my moves"

Lisa smiled, she keeps dancing slowly.

She knew she has to ask Jennie now. So she took a deep breath as she's staring at the latter.

"Jen.."

"Hmm?"

"I like you, and you know that. I also know that our feeling is mutual but I believe we never once discussed our relationship" She stopped.

"What I'm trying to say is that... I don't want to be uncertain of what we have—I want to be able to call you mine. So I really want to ask you about this..." Lisa said, she stopped dancing as she grabs something from her pocket; a little box.

Lisa kneeled down; she opened the box, "Jennie Kim, will you be my girlfriend?"

Jennie's eyes widened, she covers her mouth with her palms. Lisa tried to be this romantic and it worked on Jennie. She smiles as she puts the ring on her finger, it looks pretty.

Jennie pulls Lisa as she pecks her lips, "Of course, babe. It's not even a question" She said.

Lisa pulls her closer by wrapping her arms around Jennie's waist as she leans in to gives the latter passionate yet lovingly kiss.

Lisa is so happy; this is so perfect. Her life is so perfect.