The Girlfriend

Time is ticking, it's now 10 PM.

Lalisa is still waiting for the girl to close her store. She ate 3 cupcakes already and it's so good—she badly wants to eat more if only she didn't concern about her sugar consume today.

There is something different about that girl with Black hair. Her cute and happiest gummy smiles explained a lot but not really. There is this vibe that makes Lisa very curious about her; about who she is. The way she talks; soothed her—The calm look when she looks at Lisa.

The latter finally turn the "Close" sign and walking cheerfully towards Lisa. With a huge smile on her face, Lisa returning the smile.

"So, we're closed. For today! Hehe" She giggles between her words which is so cute.

As Lisa admiring her beauty, the brown-eyed girl looking down to her watch, "It's ten. My girlfriend will pick me up in 30 minutes" She said.

Damn, she got a girlfriend. Lalisa is unlucky.

"Shall we start the interview?" She asked Lisa and the latter nodded.

"I'm sorry to make you wait for me to close the store first—"

"Nevermind, your cupcake's great. I really enjoy every bite of it"

The girl clapped her hands, "Awww.. Really? Thank you so much. It's always the happiest when someone said they enjoy my cake"

Lisa only can smile just because she's also a bit nervous by the interview and by her beauty.

From a cheeky smile to a stern cute look, the girl managed to change her expression within a second, "So Lisa... Tell me about you? What should I have to know about you? Because I don't want to hire random people"  

Gulp.

Should she just be honest and tell this girl that she is a runaway? Because she didn't think it's a good idea to do.

"I'm Lisa. K-kim.. Kim Lisa! Yeah, uhm, I came from Thailand. It's a bit hard to figure about my family because I'm a mix born. My father is from Sweden, my mom is mixed in Thailand and Korean. I'm 22 years old and I love photography and editing videos. I also can do things at once—multitasking! Yeah, uhm and I also have known the basic to be a barista since I love to drink coffee"

The girl hummed as she looks like she's thinking about something right now, "Interesting, Lisa. Also, we have the same Surname for sure. My name is Kim Jennie and don't worry, I am also mixed. My parents both are from Korea but my mom is mixed Korean and France so that's why I have another name which is Jennie Rubyjane"

"Wow, nice to meet you, Mademoiselle Jennie"

Jennie giggled hearing what just Lisa said, "Don't call me that?"

Lisa is smiling cheek to cheek as she likes to tease the latter, "Why not? It suits you" She said, never gaze away from the girl, wanting to see more of her expression.

Until someone knocked on the door.

"Knock knock" The girl is teasing another one from afar.

"Baby!" She exclaims as she runs towards the girl, the taller one—she's also a blonde.

Very—very pretty girl that Lisa just witnessed in front of her.

Kim Jennie pulls the girl into her embrace and cups her face to give light kisses on her lips—in front of Lisa. Damn, this girl is so whipped, Lisa thought.

Jennie half dragging the blonde to meet me as she cheerfully introduce us.

"Baby, this is Lisa, my new worker!" She said.

Wait, she just said worker. Lisa realized it as her mouth wide open, "Wait, Miss... Did you just—"

"Yep, pretty sure she did" The blonde cuts Lisa's words, "Hello, I'm Rosie, Jennie's girlfriend," She said as she extends her hand to Lisa.

Lisa gladly accepts it, "I'm Lisa, pleasure to meet you," she said.

"The pleasure is mine, Lisa. Thank you"

Lisa looks up to her watch, "Well, I think that's my cue to leave. I thank you once again, Miss Jennie. I can't wait to work here soon, tomorrow perhaps???" Lisa asked looking at Jennie.

"Yes see you tomorrow, and don't call me Miss. Just call me Jennie. JENNIE, okay?"

Lisa nodded, "Okay, my bad! See you tomorrow Jennie and Rosie!" Lisa said as she bids her goodbye to both of them.

Jennie engulfed her arms around Rosie's arm as she lean to rest her head on her shoulder, "I'm so happy today" She said.

Rosie tilts her chin so she could look at her in the eyes, "That's very great! I'm so happy. I'm sure your store will become popular soon and so many people will come and you will be successful"

"Become success ain't my goal babe, you know it. I want to be able to pour what I love, baking. That's the only thing I can do to cope with everything that happens in my life" She said, looking like a sad little puppy.

As she knows her girlfriend is about to cry, she holds her, engulfs her small figure; securing her inside her embrace, "I know, I know how you feel. I'll always be here for you, remember that. I love you, Jennie" She said tighten her hugs.

"I love you too, Rosie"