Chapter 48

Drake and I sat at the table eating our breakfast even though it was closer to lunch time, not a single person had entered since we had sat down. I guess word travelled quickly around here, everyone had decided to steer clear of the main house after Roman's outburst at Chuck.

Even though I still wasn't happy with how the situation had gone down, I decided to push it to the back of my mind for later. Right now I had to focus on going back to my home town, seeing people I hadn't seen in a month. I was really hoping that people weren't going to ask questions regarding my whereabouts, or the deaths of my parents. But I was just kidding myself, I knew the people in my little town like the back of my hand.

Once Drake and I finished our food we walked down into the garage, eager to get out of the main house now as everyone else had been.

 Once we had reached the lower level I automatically began to walk over to the section of the garage that housed all the blacked out SUV's when Drake spoke up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Drake called after me still stood at the bottom of the stair case.

"To the car?" I answered raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"Oh no you don't. This isn't pack business, we're taking something a little more...exciting" Drake exclaimed a mischievous grin spreading across his face.

I then watched as he almost skipped over to a huge metal cabinet that stood against the wall by the stairs. The air filled with several shrill mechanical sounding beeps that rang echoing through the room before the cabinet clicked open, revealing rows upon rows of what looked like car keys of all shapes, colours and sizes.

Drake reached his hand out and immediately grabbed a set before spinning it on his forefinger shooting me a wink the mischievous grin still present.

"Follow me my dear Luna, we are going to have some fun today!" Drake practically sang before almost knocking me off my feet and he took off towards the section that housed what I called the "fancy cars".

I chuckled softly shaking my head in disbelief at his retreating figure, before quickly following after him. I almost lost sight of him amongst all the cars, but when I heard him start what only could be described as baby talk the sort I reserved for Peppers ears only, I was able to follow the sound directly to him.

There stood Drake one of the most intimidating men I had ever met, missing out only by Roman and maybe Leon, crouched down next to a car talking to it like a father would speak to his new born baby.

"Ooo are we going to go out today? Yes we are! Are you excited my beautiful little girl?" Drake cooed at the car whilst lovingly stroking its sleek gleaming body.

"I think we should give him a minute" my wolf advised in my head, clearly as disturbed as I was at the scene unfolding in front of us.

"I think so too, but if he doesn't pull it together soon we're going to be even later than we already are" I told her.

Pulling my phone out of my handbag I checked the time, the display showed it was 12.30 I only have 30 minutes to snap Drake out of whatever he was doing, and get to town and meet Chaz.

"Drake, can you stop babying the car the please? We've got to get going" I shouted over to him not daring to get too close incase whatever was going on was contagious.

Drake audibly gasped his head shooting round to look at me, his face a mask of disbelief.

"The car?! THE CAR! How could you Luna? This isn't just any old car. This is an all black custom Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Supersport! This little beauty is the Alphas pride and joy...except for you of course" he exclaimed seeming absolutely disgusted that I didn't know anything about the car in front of me.