Chapter 36

Rushing back into the room that I had left Roman and Terri in, I could see that neither of them had moved an inch since I had left to change. I hoped that they had at least spoken to one another, but judging from the tension that was hanging thick inside the room, I highly doubted it.

"So, who's ready to get going?" I asked maybe a little too cheerfully, but I was dying to get this awkwardness over and done with.

"We're not going anywhere, until we have had breakfast." Roman stated very matter of factly before turning on his heel, and exiting the bedroom towards the main stairs.

Terri and I followed quickly after him once our brains had caught up with his words, we then instantly began shouting our protests, like how we didn't have time and how we weren't hungry. But Roman continued as if he couldn't even hear us.

"You must not know Em all that well, because if you did you'd know she doesn't eat breakfast!" Terri called after him smugly a smirk present on her face, happy that she clearly knew me better than Roman did.

This however had gotten Roman's attention he halted suddenly before slowly turning to face us, he was almost at the first step down to the foyer. Dragging his fingers through his quickly drying hair, he exhaled slowly through his nose. I could tell he was trying very hard to contain his annoyance.

"Emma will be eating breakfast, you however do not have to. We have a long day ahead of us so I'm assuming that you both want to be operating at your full capacity?" his eyebrow arched in question, but it was obvious that he was daring us to argue with him.

I glanced at Terri out of the corner of my eye, we shared a look. Neither of us wanted to say "Oh no we'd much prefer to operate on diminished capacity, whilst trying to figure out whether or not my parents had been murdered." So we just shut up and followed behind him, like good little soldiers.

I watched Roman's golden orbs dim for a second before returning back to normal, which reminded me I had to ask about that. I'd seen it happen a few times, but I wasn't sure what it meant. Rushing to walk beside him I kept my voice low, so Terri couldn't overhear us.

"What did you just do?" I asked causing him to offer me a sideways smile, whilst we walked quickly down the stairs.

"What do you mean? I simply want to make sure you eat before we leave the house" he answered innocently clearly not understanding my question. But I couldn't tell if that was on purpose or not.

"No, not that! Your eyes, they went all far away a second ago."

"Oh, that's the mind link. As Alpha I can communicate telepathically with any member of this pack, or the pack as a whole if I want. Mates can also communicate this way with each other. It is something that also comes in very handy, in hostile type situations. Or in this case when you're asking for the dining room to be cleared of shifters, so that the human visitor doesn't over hear something that they're not supposed to." he finished nodding his head back at Terri who I hoped was still out of ear shot.

"Ok I have to admit that's pretty cool, can I do it to?" I asked eagerly, I really did need to get the low down on all of my new abilities and soon.

"Of course, you are the packs Luna you can also talk to the whole pack at once if you want to. But you'll only be able to mind link as soon as you've fully shifted" he explained.

"What do you mean by fully shifted?" I asked not understanding at all. Surely I was already a shifter I had my wolf, what more was there?