Chapter 5

Hearing a massive crash coming from down stairs left me stood frozen in fear hovering over the bath tub.

Recovering quickly I dash out of my bathroom grabbing my satin bath robe before reaching the stairs, I really didn't want to face what was downstairs naked. Ignoring all the warning bells ringing in my head I barrel down the stairs.

To my absolute horror my front door had been smashed to bits, wood and glass lay strewn across my kitchen floor. The culprit stood in the middle of my kitchen, soaked in dark crimson blood. My eyes widened in fear I stand there in my bath robe staring at the man, praying for my body to do anything, to say anything but nothing would work it was like my brain had completely shut down on me.

Looking at me with those familiar liquid gold eyes, his hair draping across his face in strands, his massive chest rising and falling rapidly clearly out of breathe due to whatever activities he was participating in before crashing in to my kitchen.

My brain was firing on all cylinders but not making any connections. That's when a deep grunt escaped his lips and echoed around my tiny kitchen and then my home intruder dropped to his knees. Staring up at me he muttered "you're in danger" a pained look crossing his face, just before he passed out and collided with the floor.

Still stood in my bath robe with my kitchen door shattered, the wind blowing through the doorway causing goosebumps to make their way across my body, looking down at the lifeless figure sprawled across floor.

Walking towards him like an invisible force was pulling me to his side, being careful not to step on any of the glass shards I stand at his head taking him in once more. I burst into hysterical fits of laughter, tears rolling in waves down my cheeks, not knowing if my shaking body was from the wind or if it was the shock I'm no doubtably in by now.

Nudging the figure with my foot praying for him to move, "please be alive, please be alive. Oh god don't be dead please don't be dead" fresh tears spring in my eyes as I bend down and try to find any sign of life. Trying to calm my hands down from their uncontrollable shaking was one of the hardest things I've even had to do.

Tracing my fingers along his thick neck trying to find a pulse I almost scream aloud when I feel the faint thump against my finger tips. "Thank god, not dead! I don't have a dead man in my kitchen!" Physically having to stop myself from leaping up and doing a happy dance, I remind myself this was not the time or the place, just because he was alive doesn't mean he wasn't hurt.

Looking down at the rest of his tall body I try to spot the source of the blood that was now pooling on my floor soaking his shirt and sticking it to his well defined stomach. Scooting down his body, barely aware that I was getting covered in his blood I make it to his stomach.

Reminding myself that I wasn't being a perv and instead trying to save his life, I set about unbuttoning his shirt so I could see how bad the damage was. Holding my breath like I was about to be caught doing something naughty I slowly pulled the two sides apart exposing his well define chest, and drool worthy abs.

My eyes roaming lower I could see a well defined V shape at his hips and a small trail of hair leading from his belly button and disappearing under the waist band of his jeans. Feeling fire flare in my stomach, I stare at the bulge in his jeans, my tongue shot out wetting my dry lips.

"Really Emma?! He is quite possibly bleeding to death on your kitchen floor and your fantasising about getting laid!" whilst making a metal note to either get out more, or more likely to stop by the little black and pink signed shop in town that sold all sorts of electronic gadgets to satisfy women my attention returns to his stomach.

Four long gouge marks marred his otherwise perfect stomach. They were horribly jagged and leaking bright red blood. I inspected the wounds wondering what could make these cuts, short of a mountain lion I was at a loss.  I knew that her small town was surrounded by thick dense woods, I had spent a lot of time in them growing up, I often went on camping trips with her friends there in school, and partied in them as a teenager.

Even as an adult I often enjoyed running a particular path through those woods, but even with living here her entire life she knew that she had come no where close to exploring the entire woodlands around the town.

Snapping myself back in to reality I crawled over to my kitchen side and pulled down the tea towel from the counter, bunching it up into a ball I pressed it down on his stomach to try and slow the bleeding. Trying to keep my hand pressed down tight on the tea towel I attempt to pull my bag off the side in order to grab my phone. "I need to ring 999, I need to get him actual help" clumsily trying to unlock my phone with my hands shaking and slick with blood was almost impossible.

Getting more and more frustrated I let out a frustrated yell, that yell quickly morphed into pain as an iron like grip surrounded my wrist.

"N-no d-don't call anyone" he pleaded his eyes falling close again. "Oh no no NO! Don't you dare pass out again you have a lot of explaining to do" I stated. "I did not pass out, I was testing gravity, you know, to make sure it still worked. Good news, it does." he said the corner of his mouth hitched up in a smirk.

"Are you serious? You want to make jokes?! You are bleeding out on my kitchen floor and you think this is funny!" I was in complete disbelief. This guy shouldn't even be breathing, never mind awake and making jokes with the amount of blood he's lost. "Bleeding out? I think you might want to rethink that" he stated so matter of factly whilst trying to push himself up into a sitting position.

"What are you doing?! Lay still you've lost a lot of blood you shouldn't move, we need to get you help" I was pleading with him at this point. I had no idea where his strength was coming from but I know it won't be lasting long. "Trust me I don't need anyones help I'm completely fine, actually I'm better than fine especially with you touching me the way you are" he winked at me causing my gut to tighten and my mouth to dry out. He was looking down at my hand that I was using to keep the tea towel in place.

"Hey mister, I'm just trying to keep your guts from spilling out on to my kitchen floor as you can see you've made quite the mess already" my cheeks already beginning to burn. "Emma" the way he said my name was the sexiest thing I had even heard. I had to keep myself in check or I was sure I'd of been panting like a puppy dog by now.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" I demanded. Smirking at me once again "You were wearing a name tag the first time we met, at the coffee shop, remember".

Nodding my head glad that he wasn't some sort of mail raiding stalker I got back to putting more pressure on his wound. "You really don't need to be doing that Emma, seriously I'm fine. But I won't fight you if you want to continue touching me" the devilish grin that followed that statement was enough for me to jump him on my kitchen floor.

Wanting to prove him wrong I carefully remove the now blood soaked tea towel from his stomach not particularly wanting to see the damage again but wanting him to accept the severity of the situation. Peeling back the side of the towel I let out an audible gasp, the wounds were gone, instead in their place were four light pink raised lines.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Thank you for reading!

I hope you're enjoying my story so far, please feel free to vote & comment it would make me very happy

Do we think our mystery stranger was the one following her home from work?
Or do we think there's someone else after our Emma?

I think she's coping quite well personally!

I'm not sure if the next chapter will be publish tomorrow but I'll definitely try to get it posted by Monday night GMT.

Until then, send me a message and let's talk!

Please vote!

Thanks again for reading

-S.Snow

05.01.19