Chapter 7

Standing in the middle of my living room my important parts were barely covered by my bloodied dressing gown, for the first time in my life I was lost for words. For the first time ever I did not know what to say or what to do. Roman had left me he just left, without a word. I felt dirty, I felt used, I felt disgusting, I felt cold.

Hot tears were rolling down my cheeks before I even knew they were coming. Straightening my dressing gown as if that would suddenly pull back my dignity. I walked back in to the kitchen, taking note of the pool of smeared blood that covered my floor. I grab the tea towel that was pressed to Romans stomach not that long ago.

I started on the floor with it, as if cleaning the floor was also make me feel cleaner. As I was scrubbing my vision became clouded by my tears. Throwing the now ruined towel in the bin I took one final look at my boarded up door and went upstairs.

Passing through my bedroom I notice Pepper fast asleep, curled in a ball at the bottom of my bed like there wasn't a care to be had. Pulling off my ruined dressing gown I left it discarded on the floor, I glanced at my now cold bath and let the water out, opting for a shower instead. There was no way I could relax now, I just wanted to go to sleep and forget all about today.

After washing myself off I watched the blood slowly swirl down the drain, grabbing a warm fluffy towel I headed for my room. I got in to the comfiest pair of pjs I own and sat on my bed. Pepper had now moved to my lap like he sensed that I needed the comfort right now. Stroking him behind the ear, he purred contently as I replayed the events of the day and came to the conclusion that I should of stayed in bed this morning.

Reaching over to my bedside table I pulled my phone off it's changer and checked it for messages, as always when I lock up there was one from Terri. I can always count her to check up on me. "Hey, Em did u get home from work ok? Txt me back xx" hitting reply I text her back that I was home and that I was fine. I wanted to tell her more, I really did but I was worried she'd think I was crazy and I didn't really need anymore confirmation of that so pressing send I put my phone back down and snuggled in with Pepper, and fell into a dream filled sleep about a boy with golden eyes.

—————ROMANS POV————-

Slamming my fist hard into the trunk of a large tree, I let the wolf inside of me come alive as a rage filled roar escaped my throat. How stupid could I be. I had almost lost it in there, luckily I got out when I did because a couple of seconds later and I would of taken her right there in her living room. She did not deserve that, she deserved so much more than me.

I tried to cast my mind back to the beginning of the day, the day that would always be known as the day I had met my mate. Hoping it was calm me, I let the memories replay in my head.

Roman was furious with himself, he never intended to get that close to her. But when he walked past the coffee shop in town he had caught her scent, the one that matched his own perfectly. That was how he had know, that she was his mate. He should of stopped himself, he should of known better, but it was like the wolf inside of him was in full control of his body which very rarely happened. Before he knew it he was stood in front of her not saying a word, just watching her beautiful face, like a star struck fool as he got lost breathing in her intoxicating scent.

Then she took off quickly, leaving him standing there like an idiot. His wolf almost had him leaping over the counter and giving chase, but once she was out of sight he managed to reign the beast back in enough to quickly exit the coffee shop. Whilst standing outside trying to calm himself down he had picked up a scent that he'd known far too well, it was the scent of a rouge.

Rouges were wolves that had been exiled from their packs due to one reason or another and one was sniffing around his mate. Feeling his blood boil at the though of some mangy mutt laying one hand on what was his, he decided to stick around to make sure it didn't return. Standing outside he listened to her inside cleaning up, wanting nothing more to go back in there and claim what was rightfully his. But Roman knew she wouldn't see it like that, after all she was human. So he planted my feet on the pavement and waited.

Sensing another wolf closing in his back stiffened, as his eyes searched the now dark streets. As soon as the scent reached Roman's nose he relaxed, knowing it was a member of his pack. Roman knew everyone in his pack personally, as that is the job of the alpha.

Alexander Crane soon came in to view, he was a delightful man and held a lot of respect in their community for the help he gives to humans. There are a still a few members of the shifter race that believed that humans were inferior to them, that humans shouldn't be associated with and avoided. Luckily no one in his pack thought that way because if they did, they'd be out. Nodding a welcome to Alexander, Roman could see the surprise on his face as he approached.

"Alpha" Alexander greeted lowering his eyes to the floor as was custom when addressing the alpha.

"Hello Alexander I hope you are well" Roman said silently hoping Alexander wouldn't ask any questions about why he was loitering around the coffee shop at night.

Thankfully Alexander just smiled as he passed, entering the shop. Listening closely to the exchange inside he heard Alexander warning Emma about walking home alone, his wolf stirring within him agreeing with Alexander.

His mate shouldn't be walking home unattended at night, a wave of protection came crashing over him and he knew he'd be following her home, especially after the rouge incident.

Alexander came out of the shop a short while later, carrying boxes of left over food looking up at Roman with knowledge in his eyes.

"Emma's a nice girl Alpha, we'll be lucky to have her" he stated with a smile, and with that he took off down the road.

Hearing her coming out the back door Roman ducked in to the shadows silently following after her, it took all that he had in him to ignore his wolf, who was demanding that he catch up with her and mark her as ours.

Roman was so lost in trying to calm his wolf that he didn't notice that the scent of the rouge was back. Romans wolf roared to life sensing that another wolf close to their mate, his body instantly began to crack and rearrange itself as the familiar wave of the change washed over him, hair sprouted across his arms as his canines shot through his gums.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Thank you for reading my latest chapter.

Please remember to vote & comment it would mean the world to me!

Constructive criticism is always welcome as are messages

-S.Snow