Chapter 23

Opening my eyes to the warm morning light streaming in through a wall of windows, I once again found myself in a room I didn't recognise. I was getting pretty sick of waking up like this.

Looking down at my body that was covered in the thickest duvet I had ever seen, I felt pleasantly warm and extremely comfortable. I could see from my arms that were lay on top of the duvet, I was no longer in the clothes I had been in before, which made me feel so much better.

I honestly hope those clothes were slowing burning somewhere.

Hearing the sound of steady breathing I looked over to see a sight that I knew would be forever etched in my memory, Roman was asleep, sat in an arm chair next to my bed.

The top half of his body was slumped over, his head lay on the edge of my bed, his large hand was clutching mine making it seem a lot smaller and delicate in comparison. I noticed Romans clothes hadn't changed like mine had, his usually well maintained stubble had grown out a good few inches, and very dark circle ran along his under eye.

Looking at Romans disheveled state filled me with an overwhelming feeling of sadness, he looked completely broken. Judging by his appearance he'd been here ever since I was brought in, and I didn't know how long ago that was.

I realised I was being a creeper watching him sleep, but I needed to see him. I noticed his face had also thinned, he needed food and I was going to make sure he got some when he woke up.

It took all I had in me not to disturb him because he clearly needed sleep, but I also had so many questions swimming around in my head that I knew he would have the answers to.

I heard the door click open at the far side of the room, Leon stepped into the door way carrying a tray full of food. As soon as his foot crossed the threshold Roman jerked awake, his eyes turning black and his head swivelled around, his canines dropped down from his gums and a low warning growl rang through out the small room.

Leon stopped moving immediately, and I watched as he dropped his head low his eyes fixed on the floor. He didn't take another step forward, but instead moved sideways towards a table that I now noticed already had a tray of food placed on it.

Leon removed the old tray replacing it with the new one. The smell of the freshly prepared food wafted in my direction, resulting in my stomach letting out a growl of its own, loud enough to rival the one Roman was currently making. Two sets of eyes snapped to mine as the two guys in the room realised I was awake.

Roman was up on his feet, his hands cupping my face before I had even noticed he'd moved.

"Oh god Emma" he croaked his voice still rough from sleep, either that or a lack of water but his hands were checking over every inch of me.

"Where am I?" I asked needing to know where I was, I was sick of waking up in random locations.

"You're in the medical room in my house" Roman said still looking me over as if he was the doctor.

"How long have I been here?" I asked not actually sure I wanted to know.

As I watched Romans his golden eyes didn't meet mine, which made my stomach flip. He clearly didn't want to answer my question, my eyes drifted to Leon who was still stood frozen by the door watching us. I could tell by the expression on his face he was going to be useless to me, so I looked back at Roman.

"Ro-" I started.

"Three weeks" he said quietly, still not able to meet my eyes.

My eyes widened at his words, my heart skipping a beat in my chest. I'd been lay in this bed for 3 weeks?!

My brain had about a million ways to go right now, but the first thing that crossed my mind was Pepper.

The panic must of shown on my face as Roman began stroking my hair trying to calm me. But he didn't understand, yes I was upset about the whole missing 3 weeks of my life thing but my poor baby was more important than that.

"Roman I need to go" I said sitting up and trying to throw my legs over the side of the bed.

My movements took a while to register with Roman, but once his brain had caught up he placed his hands on my shoulders trying to keep me in the bed.

"You're not going anywhere Emma you've been through a lot, you need rest. However I understand if you don't want me here" he said the pain evident in his face, he rose to his feet his eyes not meeting mine.

"No you don't understand, Pepper he's been all by himself, I need to get to him" tears were starting to well in my eyes.

I hated myself, even though I knew there was nothing I could of done. I didn't exactly plan on being kidnapped, but Pepper was my pride and joy and he must be thinking I'd abandoned him.

"Pepper is fine Emma" I heard from the door way. I looked up locking my eyes with Leon, he'd been so quiet I'd almost forgotten he was still here.

"I had Mr Crane take care of Pepper in your absence, I gave him the Alphas key to your house. He's been spending a lot of time there with the cat, I think he's become very fond of it" his lips twitched at the corners as he spoke.

My heart flooded with relief as I crossed the room and threw my arms around Leon, he stood unmoving against me, but this didn't stop a loud growl being thrown in his direction.

Leon's eyes lowered again at the sound. I instantly released him not wanting to get him into anymore trouble, but I was still thankful for him and I would make it up to him.

"Thank you Leon really, you have no idea how much that means to me" I said smiling at him even though I knew he couldn't see me right now.

I turned around ready to give Roman a piece of my mind for scolding Leon when I was the one that hugged him, when a familiar voice sounded inside my head,stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't be mad at him Emma, male wolves are protective over their mates - especially alphas, Leon will respect that"

That's when I remembered the white wolf.

"Oh you thought that was a dream? No Emma you're a shifter now, and I'm very much real" her voice was echoing now inside of my head, I quickly looked around to see if Leon or Roman had heard her, but they seemed oblivious.

"Can only I hear you?" I thought hoping she'd answer.

"Yes, only you. I am your wolf no one else's" she said.

Ok I had to admit I did find it pretty cool that I could have a conversation inside my head, but it would definitely take some getting used to.

Roman gasped bringing me out of my own head.

"Emma your eyes...they're beautiful" he said looking was at me with a look of complete astonishment spreading across his face, making me slightly nervous.

I looked down finding the steel tray that held the breakfast Leon had carried in, and what I saw in my reflection rocked me to my very core.

My once brown eyes were now swirling violet.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Emma's taking things a little too well don't you think? Let's hope this continues ;)

I'm updating early this week because I've been off work sick today so had some extra time to work on this.

Let me know if you like Friday updates or Sunday.

Please remember vote & comment it makes my day!

As always thank you for reading

-S.Snow