Chapter 20: Birthdays and Bumps

Chapter 20
KAY'S POV:
I woke up in the lovely trampoline bed Nash made and looked around.
I had about twenty minutes to change and get ready for school.
I decided on a pink skirt with a white floral top and gold sandals and a gold necklace.
I was having breakfast when Nash came through the door with something behind his back.
"What's that?" I asked suspiciously.
"Ta Da!" he said holding out a present.
"What's this?" I asked confused.
"You know there's a problem when a girl forgets her own birthday." Nash said and I remembered I'm sixteen today.
"Oh yeah! Wait. How did you know that?" I asked.
"Well funny story. All Hayes talks about is what Mia talks about and all Mia talks about is how she wants to be with you on your birthday." He said smiling.
He and Mia are really close now. I don't think he would hesitate to do anything for her. It's really cute.
"Oh! I'll have to stop by there today." I said throwing my last book in my backpack.
"Ready?" I asked as he smiled and turned to climb down.
We reached the high school in a comfortable silence. I liked this way with Nash. A lot.
Cameron then saw us and came running over earning a groan from both Nash and I.
"Hey guys! What's up?" he asked.
"Don't you guys like, not want to be seen with me? I'm a 'nerd' remember?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. We should probably go Nash. We don't want anyone picking on her." Cam said.
I almost laughed. Yes Cameron Dallas you're a saint for thinking of me while you run away. Very kind.
I saw Nash tense up beside me and I knew he was thinking the same thing.
I looked at him and gave my head a jerk towards Cam. He nodded and walked with Cameron through the door then I waited three minutes or so, then I walked in.
Up until lunch it was pretty boring. I had to say hi to people who knew me but never talked to me in their life. One girl claimed to be my best friend. What is this?
I searched the cafe for Nash and my eyes met his blue eyes and they lit up. Nash got up and walked towards me despite my vicious shaking my head no.
"I told you I didn't care. And I don't. I guess I'm mean for not thinking of you." He said smirking.
I smiled as he referred to Cam's wimp out when his ego and social status came in the picture.
"Maybe not but I still don't want to draw attention to myself. And talking to Nash Grier kind of defeats that plan." I said as he smiled bigger.
"You don't want to join me at my table?" he asked as I quickly shook my head no. I'm good.
"Then let's go eat in the library!" he said as I got excited. A way to eat with Nash and not draw attention to myself.
"Hey babe!" some blonde squeaked and she came up by Nash's side.
The look on his face told me he had no idea who she was. That happens I guess when you're popular.
"Look sweetie! I don't think it would be good for your health to hang around nerds like her. I'm just looking out for you darling." She said.
I looked down at the ground and bit my tong. I'm good at that.
"Ok woah first off who the heck are you? Second off I happen to li-" but I didn't let him finish.
I kicked his shin and his eyes snapped towards me as I shook my head once again.
He took a deep breath. He seemed to calm down and get a handle on what he was saying.
"Leave me alone. I don't know who the heck you are. So please get out of here before I turn you in for bullying." He said.
Our school is very strict on bullying. If you're even just playing. You'll get suspended.
Her fake, contacted, green eyes popped out of their sockets and she wobbled away. She really couldn't walk in those heels.
"Library?" he asked turning my attention away from her.
"Umm yeah sure. You don't have to if you want." I said.
"Trust me," he said making me look at him. "I want to."