Chapter 30: Hotel Phones Need Caller ID's

Chapter 30
Kay's POV:
It was my first day of school and I was more than a little nervous.
I walked downstairs and saw uncle sitting on the computer talking with someone.
"No no I promise boss" he said looking at a person on the screen.
"And she's enrolling in school? With the boy?" a man asked.
"Yep! She's not on to either of us. Luke is playing along nicely with your act your putting on." He said.
"Good. I'll see you later Sam." And then he out the screen down.
Umm what? My uncles name is Mike. Then I noticed that it wasn't mike sitting at the table. He reached for a mask and a wig and I was mortified.
Was I that desperate for family to not see that?
Then he looked up and saw me. His hard brown eyes hitting me like a piece of wood.
"Hey-!" he yelled but I turned and ran.
The nearest pay phone is near the shop by my school.
Nash's POV:
"I have to get her! She could be beaten again!" I said pacing the hotel room.
"Just slow down okay? Think! If you were Mike where would put your niece your planning to torture a Nash Grier with?" Jack Johnson asked.
"Umm I would hide her with a co-worker." I said still pacing.
"Ok dude! Stop! Pacing! Focus! Who would that be?" he asked me.
"I have no idea!" I said.
Jack then stood up and put his hands on my shoulders.
I stood there thinking. Wracking my brain for some sign of information. His name was on the tip of my tung when the hotel phone rang.
"I got it!" Hayes yelled before picking up the phone.
I went back to thinking about his name when Hayes called up from the kitchen area of the hotel room.
"Nash! You might want to take this one!" he yelled.
"I'm doing something else at the moment." I said getting annoyed.
"Oh trust me. You'll want to take this!" he said. I could almost hear the smile in his voice.
Sighing I went to pick up the phone.
"Hello?" I said annoyance dripping from my voice.
"Oh well if this is a bad time I'll go." A girls voice said on the other end.
I was so frustrated with myself for letting Kay leave in the first place I couldn't think straight. I thought I knew the voice from somewhere but I couldn't remember.
"Yeah it kind of is. Sorry. Goodbye." I said hanging up.
"Nash!" Hayes yelled making me jump. "You are the biggest jerk faced idiot to EVER walk the face of the earth!"
I looked at Jack confused. What did I do now?
"Hayes I did nothing wrong." I said trying to explain I'm innocent for whatever I did.
"So hanging up on Kay is doing nothing wrong?" he asked folding his arms.
"What?" I was getting more confused my the minute.
"You dumbo! You know that girl that just called?! Did you even know it was Kay?!" He asked throwing his hands up in the air.
My face went pale. I know why I knew that voice!
"Oh great! Can't we call her back? Is there any way we can communicate with her?" I asked starting to panic again.
"Nope! Great job genius!" Hayes said.
Perfect. Just perfect.