Chapter 33

Nash's POV:
"So Alyss, what do you know about Kay and her uncle?" I asked.
"A lot more than I'd like to admit." She weakly smiled. "The important thing is that we get her away from him. He's a dangerous man. Who knows what he's doing. My surprise is that he got his partner to look enough like him." She said.
We were at a local Starbucks talking about our game plan.
"I bought plane tickets to the city near his house. The one in Vermont right?" Jack said.
"Yeah that's the one." I said looking around.
"When do we leave?" Alyss asked.
"Tonight." Jack said and we both stared at him.
"Dude! When were you planning on telling us this? We have to pack!" I said as Alyss and I stood up quickly.
When I got back to the tree house I shuffled around getting random things that I might need, when I saw her necklace on the table.
It was her St. Bridget's one. I quickly clasped it around my neck and continued packing.
We're coming for you Kay! Hold on!
Kay's POV:
I finished off my mothers name and sent it to the real estate address.
Now that that's out of the way I started unpacking.
I reached for my necklace but realized it wasn't there. I had a moment of panic but then I realized it was back in the house on the kitchen table where I had left it.
I wonder if Nash has been there yet. Or if he's seen it at all.
I set up everything in the bathroom and bedroom by dinner so I decided to whip up something with random ingredients that were in the cabinets. These people left almost everything!
By the time I finished I had a Caesar salad with homemade croutons and shrimp. Not as bad as I expected.
After that I finished packing and got to relax.
I turned on the TV and my jaw dropped. Headline: Nash Grier Has New Girlfriend. Pictures Taken.
At first I felt a pang of hurt. Then I realized I deserved every part of it. I'm the one that ditched the one person who's been there the whole time, for a fake I could have easily pointed out. Was I that desperate?
Then I realized he might take his anger out on Nash because I escaped.
Without thinking I picked up the phone and dialed his number.
As it rang I thought about what I was doing and was about to hang up when someone answered:
"Hello?" A male voice asked.
"Nash. It's Kay."